Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running F&F IB account through NinjaTrader

Hi Ninjas,

I've written to IB support team regarding a very simple issue. This is the case: if I have opened a Friends & Family master account in IB, which goal is managing several family individual accounts through algorithmic trading in NinjaTrader, it turns that the trades are done, but the "allocation" of orders within the individual accounts in IB are not. I really don't understand why the allocation is not possible when the technical feature actually exists.
    Here the response from IB support team:

Dear Trader,

Unfortunately Ninja Trader does not support FA Allocations. You can only allocate an order to a specific account.

For additional details for Financial Advisors it is advised to contact Ninja Trader directly, they can provide you assistance on how orders are trading from a Financial Advisor Account.

[email protected]

Regards,

-Angel
    API Support
    I've asked for a second opinion in IB support team, but In your opinion, do you have some suggestion in order to solve this simple matter?

Thanks

Hello pstrusi,

Angel is correct that NinjaTrader does not support the order allocation with accounts like this inside of NinjaTrader.

This is on our Feedback list for the next major release of NinjaTrader but most likely will not be added in NinjaTrader 7.

That being said, you may use the Account Group feature to place trades into multiple accounts from inside of NinjaTrader. The only thing to keep in mind using this is that subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually. You may see our Help Guide below for instructions on how to use this if you are interested.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually I have a doubt:

I won't be doing cancellations or modifications BUT my Algo repeatedly triggers BUY and SELL orders that reverse positions, so if this is the case I imagine it could work without any problem, don't you think so?

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

It should work in this case yes. The only thing that I would keep an eye on is if you place Limit or Stop orders that they are going to be filled in each account. If you use Market Orders for your Buy and Sells I would not expect there to be a problem.

Comment

Once I've created "MyGroup" , how should I procedure in order to activate an Algo that actually will run with this recent created account "MyGroup" ? Cause within the Chart, when I try to activate a strategy, it let me just activate one of the individual accounts

Thanks

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

The Account Group would only be selected for Manual Trading.

If you are using an Automated Strategy for your trade signals then you may create two instances of your Strategy, one for each account to have NinjaTrader place orders to both accounts that you are wanting.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Thanks JC,

Actually this is not functional for several individual accounts. I've already made the suggestion for coming upgrades as you can check here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=65867

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
              24 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post spwizard  
              Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes