Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dataseries - default - fixed settings

Hello,

I want to ask please if it is possible somehow to have 2 different settings for same dataseries (by default or fix somehow else).

Eg for a custom9 PeriodType a setting of XXX to set default and for same PeriodType another setting of YYY to set also default – of course to save as another customx period type. (or to fix somehow, so that one can change the charting only by selecting the periodtype)

In case of many charts this makes sense if one wants to change dataseries more easily and fast.

Thank you.
    Tony

Hello Tonynt,

It would be possible make a duplicate bar type with a different name and slot so that you can keep two sets of settings for these data series.

It has been highly requested that NinjaTrader add functionality to allow for multiple templates to be saved for data series, indicators, and strategy parameters. I will be adding your vote toward adding this functionality.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. How do I make a duplicate bar type please?

Thank you.
      Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

It is not supported by NinjaTrader to create a custom bar type.

However, if you take a look at the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Type\@BarTypes.cs file you will see how the current bar types are defined.

Each bar type will be its own class in the file.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Can I have a 2nd "Minute" dataseries? The reason why I ask is that I want to have set different default properties eg. Barcolors. So I can see immediately with a glance if its a 60 min chart or 5 min chart - if I can set one with blue and the other with green upbars.

This is not very important but a help when changing dataseries often.

Thanks.
          Tony

Comment

Hello Tony,

You would have to create a new "Minute" Custom bar type for each of the different Time Periods like 2 Minute and 60 Minute that you would want to have a default setting for since "Minute" will be used universally.

The only other suggestion that I could give is that if you create a Chart Template, by right clicking inside of the Chart, select Templates, and Save As, you can save a Chart Template with the Bar Color and properties that you can load up for each one which maybe easier but you will have to load the Template for each Chart is all.

Happy to be of further assistance.
            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. How do I create a new minute bar type please?

Thanks
              Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JC View Post
              Hello Tony,

You would have to create a new "Minute" Custom bar type for each of the different Time Periods like 2 Minute and 60 Minute that you would want to have a default setting for since "Minute" will be used universally.

The only other suggestion that I could give is that if you create a Chart Template, by right clicking inside of the Chart, select Templates, and Save As, you can save a Chart Template with the Bar Color and properties that you can load up for each one which maybe easier but you will have to load the Template for each Chart is all.

Happy to be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Tony,

This is something that is not supported so I would not be able to give you the steps on how to make a new Bar Type. You may look into what Chelsea mentioned in post #4 for this but I would suggest saving and loading a chart template for a supported way to easily change your Data Series parameters easily.
                JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Brevo
                by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                0 responses