Workspace related question/issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace related question/issue

I have about 10 workspaces. Each workspace has 6 charts (different timeframes). All 6 charts are tied to the same instrument (a currency pair like EURUSD).

I've seen this before, but haven't reported it. I should have... I'm running the latest beta (10).

Over the weekend, I closed NinjaTrader and restarted it. Before the forex markets opened at 5PM EST I was connected to the NinjaTrader forex servers. At market opening, the only workspace that started updating prices was the active (visible) workspace.

All the other workspaces did not start updating automatically. The way I get the charts to start updating is to go into each chart (CTRL+F) and change the # of days or # of bars of data. This seems to force a data refresh and then the charts start working.

As you can imaging, doing this procedure on 50+ charts is relatively painful...Am I doing something wrong? or is this something that can please be fixed.

Thanks

Will this happen each and every time? If its an issue, we would need a reproducible scenario in order to isolate the cause and resolve it.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can reproduce it regularly. I've even simplified the scenario in that I now only have two workspaces (the default one which is empty and the workspace with 8 charts using same financial instrument but different timeframes). The charts are all linked so that I can switch to a different instrument through the drop down menu. I've setup the instrument manager so I have 16 of the available currency instruments in my drop down list.

For example, I'm currently looking at $EURAUD. It's 9:16AM EST and the last bar on the 5 minute chart is 9:01. But, when I switch to $EURUSDthe 5 minute chart shows the last bar with a time of 9:21

Other instruments that are OK are $AUDJPY, $AUDUSD, $EURCHF, $EURGBP, $EURJPY

Other instruments that don't show the updated information bars are $CHFJPY, $EURCAD

I'm completely stumped. It seems like what I'm doing is very basic and from looking at the forum it doesn't seem like others are having this type of issue.

I'm connected to GAIN data using the NinjaTrader server radio button option.

It seems like I started noticing this problem around the beta10 version and it still exists with the new production version.

Any thoughts at all would be appreciated. I'm completely stuck without disconnecting the data feed and reconnecting it every 5-10 minutes...

Thanks

Comment

For the instruments that are not updating data, can you check if there is actual real-time data incoming? We have had reports $EURAUD not updating and could confirm it. This could mean the data is not coming in from the source. You can check this by just selecting this instrument in the Control Center Order tab and see if you get updating data.

Comment

That is certainly an easier way of checking to see if stuff is updating than what I was doing...It seems like these four are not updating on a regular basis ($EURAUD, $CHFJPY, $EURCAD and $GBPCHF). This is when I'm using the NinjaTrader servers

I also tried using the GAIN servers and the same problem exists, so evidently it is a problem with GAIN itself. I will try and dig up some information to see who I might contact at GAIN, but in the meantime I will just delete these "problem" children from the list I was using.

Thanks for your guidance on this. I wonder if we should update the NT community somehow? (the users looking at FOREX data).

Comment

We have a feeling that this may be account related.

I logged into the GAIN FOREXTrader.web platform with our live account where we can not get EURAUD data using NT and I can also not get this data on their platform. Its not even an option.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes