ATM Strategy errors needing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategy errors needing help

when i start up Ninja and use one specific ATM strategy that has always worked fine up until now, i always run into the same error/problem. The affected strategy will not work on Ninja startup, freshly opening a chart, but if i choose any other previously created ATM strategy these all work fine and also if i now switch back to the affected ATM strategy that had created an error, well this one now works fine too. What happens is if enter a Sell Market Order with the malfunctioning affected strategy the order creates an error message saying "Buy stop or buy stop limit orders cannot be placed below the market, affected Order: Buy 1 stopLimit @ 12/17". This is not what the ATM strategy states to execute. Also when I try to buy with this incorrectly working ATM strategy, my order immediately gets filled always for a loss due to market spread. Again if i use some other ATM strategy first and then switch back to the affected strategy, the affected strategy now works fine. This only happens after starting up Ninja, but will continue unless i switch to a different strategy and then it works fine again.

in other words if I start up Ninja and use any other previously created ATM strategies they all execute fine

so i deleted the affected strategy and created another one identical and renamed it and i have the exact same problem, this one will not work on Ninja startup, but will if i choose any other ATM Strategy first and then change/select the new one i created that is identical to the old one but with a new name, then the affected not working ATM strategy will now work again.

Need help on this please. Thank you.

Hi spiketrader,

I'd like to give this a test on my end and I will need your database file which may contain private information.

Please send me an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email include a link to this forum thread.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For other traders,

The issue here was the SuperDOM -> Properties... -> Parameter type being set to Price.

When price is used as this value, the numbers put into the ATM Strategy will be exact prices.

By using a profit target of 12, the profit target was attempted to be placed at $12 way way way below the market price.

Changing the Parameter type to Ticks will be a number of ticks away from the entry instead of an exact set price and resolved the issue.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post GLFX005
      by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM