changing second symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing second symbol

I've got a chart with two symbols on it, one right below the other. The top one is silver continuous (SI ##-##) and the lower one is Silver May contract (SI 05-14). Since today's the last day that the May contract trades, I'd like to just update this chart to the July contract SI 07-14, which is the next contract that's traded. Strangely, I don't see any way to update this symbol without deleting the May contract and replacing it with the July contract. Of course, I could do that, but then I'd lose all the notations, trendlines, pitchforks, etc. that I'd so carefully put on the chart. If you have a chart with one symbol on it, you can update from one contract to the next without losing anything. Why can't you do that for a chart with two contracts on it? Or is there a way and I'm missing something? Hope this is clear.
    Thanks,
    Tasuki

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, you would need to remove the symbol to roll over contracts. This is something which our development staff is considering changing in future versions. I will forward your support for that type of change to development for further consideration.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, you would need to remove the symbol to roll over contracts. This is something which our development staff is considering changing in future versions. I will forward your support for that type of change to development for further consideration.
      Thanks, Kyle. It really would be a great help to be able to update a chart without losing everything! Some of those pitchforks and trendlines can be valid for a surprisingly long time, and it's a shame to have to lose them all at every rollover when you've got more than one symbol on the chart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Waxavi
      by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes