Unable to Connect/Download Replay Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Connect/Download Replay Data

Experiencing a host of issues the last few days. I am currently working in Japan and everything seemed to be fine. However, when I tried to download Replay data, I began getting the error message:

"Error on downloading replay data: Connection to data server is busy or not available".

Now I'm unable to make a connection with CQG, in conjunction with the replay error. I get one of three errors:

"Login failed : Failed to receive login message response from SecBuf"
    "Login failed : Failed to receive line time update response from data server during login"
    or
    "CQG.Trader.DataAccess.SessionManager.InstrumentMe tadataNotAvailableException' was throw".

I've created new connections, deactivated my firewall, restarted the modem, restarted the program/computer, uninstalled NT and reinstalled to make sure I had the latest software and nothing seems to make a difference.

Any new ideas? About to throw my computer against a wall.

Hello wood47,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, Unable to Connect/Download Replay Data' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.

If you experience an error upon trying to send the email, please send me the files manually. You can send the email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140513 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140513 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

In addition, what kind of internet connection do you use? Do you have access to another internet connection to test?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for the quick response, sent.

I'm currently on a wifi connection in a hotel but it's worked here before for replay data. It started a few days ago on a hard wired cable connection and I haven't been able to connect since.

Comment

I suspect the hotel connection is blocking it, maybe they changed something a few days ago? I have experienced this myself with NinjaTrader in hotels. Are you able to test a different internet connection?

Comment

Unfortunately, not right now but maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Is there any other way to download replay data? I would use historical data I had previously but it was all deleted when I reinstalled the program.

Comment

Unfortunately not, you can only download or record Market Replay data. To record Market Relay data, you will need to connect to a data feed (like CQG). Subsequently all realtime data you receive will be recorded as long as 'Run market replay recorder' is enabled at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab.

Comment

Hi support, since the whole weekend I get this message in the logfile when I want to downloading replay data for NQ:

Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (DS2.NinjaTrader.com/31654): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 208.48.16.140:31654

Any solution?
                Chris

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This indicates that your system is unable to reach NinjaTrader's Market Replay servers. Since those servers are running normally I would recommend that you restart your PC, modem and router then try the download again.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Replay downlaod issues

Hello,

I, too, am having a problem with this function. I have tried to re-start both my computer and router to no avail. In my Default Instrument Manager, I have the following instruments loaded:

TF (7/14), NQ (7/14), YM(7/14) and CL(8/14).

When I try to download replay data, I receive one of two error messages depending whether I select Default or Future in the Download Replay Data Dialog Box:

"Error downloading replay data: Connection to data server is busy or not available right now. Please try later".

or,

"You need to select a valid instrument in order to replay data".

I have also tried to disable the firewall on my comuter but still receive the same error messages.

Please advise.

Comment

Hello,

It appears that your contract codes are incorrect. There are not July contracts of products like TF, NQ or YM. Each of these symbols has only four yearly contracts and is currently trading on the 09-14 contract.

Comment

Market Replay

My Mistake, but, I cannot download any of the Market Replay data from the 9/14 contracts either. I still receive the same error message.

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. This diagnostic file is located within the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need a copy of the 'trace.20140629.txt' file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
                          14 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Board game geek  
                          Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes