Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First-connect to eSignal and second-connect to Interactive Brokers

I have a simple question:

I would like to subscribe to the datafeed from eSignal for level 2 data for European stocks and execute through Interactive Brokers. For that purpose I intend to first-connect NinjaTrader to eSignal and second-connect it to Interactive Brokers.

(1) Is this possible ? Data from eSignal + execution through Interactive Brokers?

(2) Is it possible to receive part of the data from eSignal and part of the data from Interactive Brokers? I would like to get data from futures and stock exchanges via eSignal (higher quality data) but FOREX data from Interactive Brokers (reason: eSignal FOREX data does not match IDEALPro data from IB).

(3) If (2) is possible, how would I set up NinjaTrader to receive futures and stock data from eSignal, but FOREX data from IB?

(4) If (2) is not possible, I assume that I would need to

-> double-connect (eSignal first, IB second) to NinjaTrader for stocks & futures
    -> single-connect to IB to NinjaTrader for FOREX

Can I run two instances of NinjaTrader in parallel to obtain all data simultaneously?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1. Yes you can connect to eSignal first for data and IB second for order execution within NinjaTrader. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Multiple Connections.

2. Since both IB and eSignal support all assets Futures, Forex and Equities NinjaTrader will only look at the first connection established. There is not currently an option to specify each asset to a specific connection however development has assigned this feature request ID #342 in their tracking system.

4. If you would like to receive data from eSignal and execute orders to IB you would connect to eSignal first and IB second. If you would like to receive data from IB for IDEALPro quotes you would only connect to IB.

Currently there can only be one instance of NinjaTrader open however development has assigned this feature request ID #2259 in their tracking system.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your fast reply.

Comment

You're welcome and have a great day!

Comment

Hello,

I would also like to subscribe to the datafeed from eSignal for level 1 data for European stocks and execute through Interactive Brokers.

But I have one question: Do I need a Multi Broker License or is it possible with a Simple Broker License?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Since eSignal is a data provider only and not a broker this would only require a Single Broker license key.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Multiple Connections.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes