Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Broker for Ninja Trader?

Hi,

I'm trading Forex and Futures (emini). Which is the best broker for ninja trader? Includes cheapest fee, can trade using single account for forex and futures, can use free version Ninja trader (will upgrade to paid version after few trades) to place orders, real-time and historical data (tick charts) provided?

Thanks in advance.

Its hard to say, I've found the following broker reviews helpful.

Traders reviews and ratings of best forex brokers, trading software, forex signals, managed accounts and other forex trading services. We do not remove negative reviews under the legal threats - you deserve to know the truth at Forex Peace Army.

I believe GAIN/Forex.com is the only broker which works with a free license but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Elliott Wave; 03-31-2008, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks man.. i'll look into..

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
      Its hard to say, I've found the following broker reviews helpful.

Traders reviews and ratings of best forex brokers, trading software, forex signals, managed accounts and other forex trading services. We do not remove negative reviews under the legal threats - you deserve to know the truth at Forex Peace Army.

I believe GAIN/Forex.com is the only broker which works with a free license but I could be wrong.

Comment

With 6.5 you can use Interactive Brokers and MB Trading for Forex as well. This may be a benefit to you since you also want to trade futures.

Also you may use any of our datafeeds with the free version Gain just has a free data for demo.
        JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I was planning to use Mb Trading since i've have live account for Futures trading. But there is a new problem, i was told by MB Trading that if i wish to trade forex with MBT i need to open another account for Forex Trading, so i will have two accounts from MBT. Can i login two accounts to Ninja Trader at the same time?

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
          With 6.5 you can use Interactive Brokers and MB Trading for Forex as well. This may be a benefit to you since you also want to trade futures.

Also you may use any of our datafeeds with the free version Gain just has a free data for demo.

Comment

Sorry no, you can not connect to two different MBT account connection at the same time.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Thats the case how am i going to get the data for forex while i'm connect to MBT for Futures data, since V6.5 cannot connect to Gain while im connected to MBT? Any solutions for me? I need data for forex and futures.

Thank you

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
              Sorry no, you can not connect to two different MBT account connection at the same time.

Comment

We are thinking about a potential resolution.
                RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

Thanks.. Looking forward for it.

Have a great day there.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                  We are thinking about a potential resolution.

Comment

Our next 6.5 update (Release 2 not 1) will support the ability to connect to GAIN first, then MBT so you can execute trades against both.

Comment

Hi,

Thats great... Looking forward for the Release 2.

How about if both of futures and forex accounts are MBT, since MBT dont allow us to join the account? Just another questions. Sorry to trouble you guys...

Thanks

Our next 6.5 update (Release 2 not 1) will support the ability to connect to GAIN first, then MBT so you can execute trades against both.

Comment

If you mean you have two separate login's at MBT then this is not nor will be supported. Limitation of the MBT API.

Comment

At the moment i have one account with Mb Trading which is for Futures trading, now i'm planning to trade forex, in order for me to trade forex with Mb Trading, they asked me to open another account just for Forex.

Its fine with me to open an account for forex, but the problem was they gave me another new login, rather than using my old futures login. So i contacted them, and ask them why do i need to different account while its from the same broker? They said its because its a forex account and can not join with futures, stocks and options with forex. So in other words, futures, stocks and options is one account and forex another account.

Can you guys work things out between MBT and NT. I know this is not your fault but i find it not practical at all.

How about EFX? Can i connect to EFX (for forex) and MBT (for futures) at the same time using NT? Since EFX is a part from MBT..

If EFX also cant, how about Interactive Broker? Do they just use single account to trade all the instruments (forex, futures, stocks and options). Or do they have same problem like MBT, need two different accounts to trade forex and futures?

Thanks

If you mean you have two separate login's at MBT then this is not nor will be supported. Limitation of the MBT API.

Comment

I believe IB is great for an all in one account, but I'm not sure about their Forex.

I have an acct with them, but have yet to fund it. I believe you need at least $25k to use the IdealPro platform, and I don't know how much leverage (if any) they allow on the Ideal platform (not specifically meant for trading FX).

Comment

Hi Elliott,

IB sounds good. Less headache since all in one account concepts but my account is less than USD 10k, which means i'm not qualify yet. Later will do..

If we use IB as connection type at NT V6.5, can we have real-time with historical data for futures and forex from IB?

Thank you

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                              I believe IB is great for an all in one account, but I'm not sure about their Forex.

I have an acct with them, but have yet to fund it. I believe you need at least $25k to use the IdealPro platform, and I don't know how much leverage (if any) they allow on the Ideal platform (not specifically meant for trading FX).
                              Last edited by Greenmoney21; 04-02-2008, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sarafuenonly123