Saving Drawn Lines and Fib Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to save a chart with lines created using the Drawing Tools for access when you reopen a chart? Is this something done by saving a template?

If not, this would be a useful feature, particularly for lines drawn on longer term charts such as daily and weekly.

How do others deal with this? Are there custom indicators written that effectively do the same thing?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

jeff

Saving a template does not currently save the draw objects. Thanks for the suggestion.

You can make custom indicators that draw lines, but it would probably need to be coded on a per instrument per chart basis.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Once you have your lines drawn, pull up an identical chart without those lines and then use the native "constant lines" indicator and type in the price values of those lines and when that chart is saved those lines will be there next time you open up that chart. That way you won't lose important support and resistance levels, etc.

If you need more than 4 lines, which I assume you will, simply use more than one instance of the "constant lines" indicator and type in the price values for those additional lines.

I hope that helps.

Randy

Comment

The only way I know to keep drawn lines on a chart is to save the chart as part of a workspace and save the workspace.

When the workspace (and therefore the chart) is next opened, the drawn lines will still be there.

Have no idea what to do if you want the same chart (lines) in multiple workspaces other than to re-draw separately on each instance.

Comment

This is a problem I have been dealing with since I trade mainly off of drawing tools. Having drawing objects saved uniquely per symbol would solve this issue and the issue of drawing on a chart of one symbol then changing to a different symbol and seeing all of the drawing objects previous drawn on the first that have no relation to the new symbol.....

Comment

Hi Tommy,

I will forward your inquiry to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Enhances drawing object management, per symbol, per chart options are coming with NT7, late this year, early next year.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes