Blank charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank charts

I'm using NT 64 bit 7.0.1000.22 with a CQG feed in demo mode and get a successful connection but all charts I try to load are blank.
    I tried loading some of the default charts (ES 06-14, FDAX 06-14, etc) and get an error which states "You need to add at least one Data Series to create a chart", even when I use the Simulated Data Feed.

I'm just starting out on trading and wanted to use this to practice before jumping in with real money so I may be doing something wrong. Can someone help me figure this out?
    Last edited by sammie; 05-19-2014, 10:17 AM.

Hello sammie,

It sounds like while creating the chart, at the point where you add the data series you are not adding it to the lower list of the DataSeries window (The window that opens when you select File -> new -> chart).

When looking at the DataSeries window, you should see the instruments listed in the upper left side of this window. If you double click on any of them it should place the instrument name in the lower list in this window. Once you do this the chart properties on the right of the window will allow you to edit them and when you press ok you will be presented with a new chart using the selected instrument.

I will post some helpful videos in this forum post for reference but if you would like additional help please email [email protected] and reference the forum post http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=66188

This video is one we created specifically for getting started in charting, it is available on our YouTube channel and this is also one that we do as a live webinar every week
    Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video is a recording of our live "Charting Level 1" webinar covering the topics:Creating a chartC...

If you would like to attend one of our live webinars I will post a schedule to that as well.

Another great resource is our help guide. This is avaliable from the web at the following address or in NinjaTrader if you press F1 on your keyboard.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm watching the video you posted a link to and I'm already noticing a difference and wonder if it is why I get blank charts.
      My Instrument Lookup window is different than what is in the Charting
      Level 1 video. The video shows Currency, Future, Index and Stock. On
      mine, I only have Future to choose from on the Type menu.
      Is this why I can't load charts?

I added screen shots of when I try to look at AAPL under SP 500.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Sammie,

Would you mind sending me an email to [email protected] and reference this ticket number in the body of the email 1077237
        I will be happy to help you in this matter, but I feel that using remote assistance will possibly be a better way of figuring out exactly what is needed to get you charting.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
        1 response
        0 likes