Account Group Simulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Group Simulation

The Account Groups function is difficult to understand without testing it.
    Is there a way to setup the account groups and test them in simulation mode?

When I set up and Account Group, it seems that the group account is only available when I disable Global Simulation mode.

Using it without Global Simulation checked seems to send Live orders to the accounts in the group.
    Is there a setting I need to change to allow the new account group to be displayed but only as simulation?

When testing the account group function, the orders should only send simulated orders and not Live orders.

Thanks

Hello DavidHP,

Unfortunately, you will need to disable 'Global Simulation Mode' to select an account group. You cannot have it enabled and use account groups simultaneously.

I suggest to add only simulation accounts in the account group if you not like live orders to be submitted.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I guess that was my question.

Is there a way to connect to live data feeds and setup simulation accounts?

If I enable 'Demo Mode' on each live data feed and then add them to the Account Group will they all be using simulated orders?

I would not like the surprised of testing the account group functions and find out I've sent Live orders to three or 4 Live accounts (Unless they were all profitable) :-)

Comment

You can create simulation accounts at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Simulator-tab and click Accounts. More information can be found at the link below.

No, please only enable 'Demo mode' for demo connections.

As long as the account group does not contain live accounts, no live orders will be submitted.

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing something.
          I set an account as "Demo Mode" and also setup group accounts using ONLY simulated accounts.
          (i.e. Sim101, Sim102, Sim103... Grouped into SimGroup)

Then I connect to the Demo Data feed with Global Simulation unchecked.
          When I click the drop down, I can see the SimGroup but can not select it.
          I can select the Demo Account and each of the Sim101,etc accts. but not the group account.

What I am trying to do is setup several Sim accounts to test the Account Group.

I want to use live data but simulated accounts to prevent Live orders from being submitted.

Comment

Do you now connect to a demo connection instead of a live connection? If not, please disable "Demo mode".

Can you please test it in a SuperDOM. Create a new SuperDOM and select an instrument. Make sure you receive realtime data and check if you can seelct your account group.

Comment

After restarting NT the SimGroup can be selected.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes