Create my own column in market analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create my own column in market analyzer

I see that under the Custom folder there is a MarketAnalyzer directory with all the columns. Can I create my own column like that? Is there any documentation for that?

Onn

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Can you please elaborate on the type of column you wish to create? The steps required are dependent on what you wish to accomplish.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a custom indicator that does some calculations on the OnBarUpdate method. I have a property called state that can either be 1,0,-1 and I currently use the Indicator column with cell conditions defined in order to display text based on the state. This works fine.

That being said, this indicator is for distribution for a client and it would perhaps be better in terms of usability if I can create a column where the user can select it from the list.

So is it possible to create a column and compile it?
      If I do implement a column, will it be included when I export NinjaScript archive?
      Are there any docs for this?

Onn

Comment

Hi onnb1, thanks for clarifying for us, yes that would be possible via custom coding however generally not a process we have documented or could fully support. If you copyover for example a column into your bin > indicator folder you would be able to edit it via the NS editor and also export then from the wizard, that trick would be applicable to any type like bars or styles as well.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This column that I copied over, when the user imports, would be placed in the into the indicator folder or the MarketAnalyzer folder?

Comment

Would be going to the Indicator folder from where it was exported...would be different only if you exported it as compiled assembly.

Comment

Should have mentioned that,sorry - its exported as compiled assembly. In that case I put the code in the indicator folder and its imported into the MarketAnalyzer folder?

Comment

No, only open source code cs files would go into those folders. Compiled assemblies all rest under bin > custom.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                1 response
                0 likes