Timing of trading order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profit target doesn ´t work

Hi, please, I have now problém with protfit target which doesn´t work ok. I seted PT 0,75 tick but NT closed order with only 0,25 profit, when I changed for 0,25 tick NT closed order with 0 profit but on profit target (?). Setting of profit target in settings of design of automated stratégy, it is the last window, it is ok? Thank you for information.

Comment

Would you mind posting us a screenshot of what setup you exactly tried for the target? Lowest you could go for is one full tick, so entered as 1 when you're using CalculationMode.Ticks for those. If you want 3 ticks or 37.50 on the popular Emini SP just enter 3 (and not 0.75) - it would not be entered in points, but raw ticks, so min moves of your instrument.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I finded the mistake

Comment

Great, thanks for the follow up.

Comment

One moe question, when i close NT th automated tsrategy will not run? It is correct?

Comment

That's correct, NT needs to be running and connected live to manage it for you.

Comment

Data from NT

Dear, I have question for download data from NT. I can download to excel, but excel can´t read correct time of bars. The date is ok, but with time is problém, can you help me please?

Next- I can download data only with time frame "day" and "minute" it is possible download in other format, f.e. in time frame "15 minute"?

Thank you

Comment

Jiri, the Historical Data Manager would allow an export for any given source type of data only, the categories you presently see.

You could be for example looking to export the data via NinjaScript directly from your present chart, i.e. the 15 min one you mentioned. Here's two samples that would introduce you to this concept - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3477

For the Excel import, you would likely need to 'massage' the data via the import tool. We're not experts for it here but if you can post perhaps a screenshot of the behavior you get we can take a look.

Comment

thank you, I have downloaded, but it is indicator, how now I may export data via this? I have imported and now I can see in list of indicators in chart, but what is please next step to export data? Thank you.

Comment

Jiri, you would need to apply it to a chart and it will then create a text data file in your Documentes > NinjaTrader7 folder which would contain exported chart data.

Comment

Correct, I have run it in a chart,..so I must to download myself? I have not found any folder in doc in folder NT7 in program files, thank you.

Comment

Correct, this is just a sample application of a custom indicator - you would need to likely further customize to your needs. It would not be under the Program Files folder but under the user folder, so your Windows Documentes folder > there'a NT7 subfolder where the file is stored per default (could be changed via the code as well).

Comment

Now one more question, with this samples I can get data (open, high, low, close) and the date, but there is no time? I must use some other instrument?

And please, does exist some manual how backtesting strategy?

Thank you.
                            Last edited by jiri_barta; 07-15-2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Correct, in the sample code line the ToDay method is used to only return the current date from the timestamp.

You remove that conversion and get the full timestamp based on C#'s Datetime structures or for example combine with a second call to add a ToTime(Time[0]) part in so you would get the time portion in integer form in your output, too. There's plenty of room to customize to what you seek.

Comment

Other requirement to order

Please, I have small problem with requirement (condition) in my strategy in programming in NT.

What i want to do:

1) first condition is,that order must be filled in specific time (f.e. from 14:00 to 15:00)- this I know how to do and NT is good running.

2) second condition is, that order must be filled when is price under specific price after open (f.e. buy when price increase upon 3 ticks)- this I don t know how to do.

So strategy has two condition, first is specific time and second is condition about price moving.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                                95 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post xiinteractive  
                                Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post xiinteractive  
                                Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM