Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jiri_barta
    replied
    Hi Jesse, thank you for your reply. I´ve tried set equals but still do the same. In setting I´ve only one amout (contract). In hisytory of this topis I´ve disccus this with your colleague and he send there ninjascript with his setting. I´ve tried to open it in NT7 but the format .cs is propably not available for NT7 now...

My only condition is to do order in one specific time, I haven´t other conditions.

Jiri

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello jiri_barta,

Thank you for the post.

In this case, the condition will be true for every bar after the specified time. You are using Greater than for the condition so as long as the bars time is after that point, it will place a trade.

You would need to add more to your condition to prevent it from happening on every bar after that time. Did you want this to trade only once or did you want some other price condition in addition to time?

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• jiri_barta
    replied
    The strategy is working, but it is making orders every second (?!). I´m doing it from Wizard. I made prt sc so you can check it.

I only want to set up this condition:

At the specific time to put order (short, long). PT with SL is set up in the second step so I suppose it will be ok.

For activating strategy I do enabling in the list of strategy in the control window.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello jiri_barta,

Where are you getting stuck?

Are you still using the Strategy Wizard?

Is the time filter the same?

Is the condition not evaluating as true?

Is the limit order still filling immediately?

Leave a comment:

• jiri_barta
    replied
    Hi, after long period I´m coming back to trading, but I have the same problem with programing my strategy "timestap". I don´t remeber how to set up the ninjascript to do this:

put order at the specific time by ATM

I´ve tried it in many ways but stil not working correctly, may I ask you for advice? Thank you

Jiri

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Right, it would depend where your current price is in relation to the order price level when you submit it in.

Leave a comment:

• jiri_barta
    replied
    Thank Bertrand I will test order with stop limit. But it is interesting that for increase price is running very well and for decrease price not in the same settings.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Jiri, the order would immediately execute if it was marketable, meaning if the current price would get you a better price. So for the buy if you submit this order while price is below the limit price, this would happen. In this case the Stop order option would be better to prepare an order, it just depends where price currently is in relation to your order entry value when you want to submit the order in.

Leave a comment:

• jiri_barta
    replied
    Dear PatrickH,

I´m sending to you screenshot of settings. In this case is order immediately in position (immediately is execution). Thank you for help.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
    Hello jiri_barta,

Thank you for your response.

Is this in the Strategy Wizard? If so please provide a screenshot of how you set this up.

If this is directly coded in the NinjaScript Editor please provide the full line of code used for the EnterLongLimit().
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    Hello jiri_barta,

Thank you for your response.

Is this in the Strategy Wizard? If so please provide a screenshot of how you set this up.

If this is directly coded in the NinjaScript Editor please provide the full line of code used for the EnterLongLimit().

Leave a comment:

• jiri_barta
    replied
    thank you for reply, I have tried this setting, but order is placed immediately on open position. When is this setting actual in settings I can see there is no "...Open[0] - 2 * TickSize....." but this" EnterLongLimit(DefaultQuantity, 0, "").

I set it in the same settings:

enter long limit order
    price data
    open
    -2 ticks
    OK

Thank you,

Jiri

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Glad to hear Jiri - so you would want to place a limit order below current price then at this level?

EnterLongLimit(Open[0] - 2 * TickSize)

Leave a comment:

• jiri_barta
    replied
    Dear Bertrand,

it is running very well, thank you. Please, the order "when is price increase" is ok it is "open + 2 ticks"- I can set it, but how set up order when is price decrease "open - 2 ticks"? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Jiri, this would be a classical setup for the mentioned stop order type, i.e.

EnterLongStop(Open[0] + 2 * TickSize)

The challenging part here is that the open would only be known at or after the FirstTickOfBar and that you would need to check for the current price to be lower than this order price to not get a rejected order.

Leave a comment:

• jiri_barta
    replied
    Thank you, but this not to my problem.

I want to programm that in f.e. 60 min bar will increase price above the open (f.e. 2 ticks) than I want make order. So I want to make it on 1 bar so I have no bars ago and I can´t say before price for limit order. My price for order is: open+2 ticks in some specificed period.

Jiri

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post trilliantrader  
Started by samish18, Today, 08:31 AM
1 response
1 view