Collapse

Timing of trading order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The strategy is working, but it is making orders every second (?!). I´m doing it from Wizard. I made prt sc so you can check it.

I only want to set up this condition:

At the specific time to put order (short, long). PT with SL is set up in the second step so I suppose it will be ok.

For activating strategy I do enabling in the list of strategy in the control window.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello jiri_barta,

Thank you for the post.

In this case, the condition will be true for every bar after the specified time. You are using Greater than for the condition so as long as the bars time is after that point, it will place a trade.

You would need to add more to your condition to prevent it from happening on every bar after that time. Did you want this to trade only once or did you want some other price condition in addition to time?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse, thank you for your reply. I´ve tried set equals but still do the same. In setting I´ve only one amout (contract). In hisytory of this topis I´ve disccus this with your colleague and he send there ninjascript with his setting. I´ve tried to open it in NT7 but the format .cs is propably not available for NT7 now...

My only condition is to do order in one specific time, I haven´t other conditions.

Jiri

Comment

oooouu...now is working, problem fixed!

Comment

Hello, please look at the prtsc from my trading. I have set up the profit target OPEN+1 tick, but the order was filled after some time not immediately. I understand that it will be filled up when someone else will buy it only. But how to set up the profit target- for example OPEN+1,... than the price will reach it out and I want to close immediately the trade? Thank you.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello jiri_barta,

Can you tell me how you are currently setting the price for the target? Are you doing this only once when you enter or is this being called for each bar? If you can provide a sample of the syntax being used that would help me to better understand what should be happening to compare that with your image.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

yes I have attached it all. I set it via "ticks"......all what I want is when is reached out f.e. OPEN+1 is immediately close position.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello jiri_barta,

Thank you for the image that helps.

Based on the settings in the image, it would appear the target worked successfully. At the time the entry order filled the target was submitted 4 ticks from that price. The chart also reflects the target filling 4 ticks from the entry.

You noted in your last message:

I have set up the profit target OPEN+1 tick, but the order was filled after some time not immediately
                  If you are expecting the Open plus 1 tick, the settings you have used in the builder would be incorrect as you used 4 ticks which would be from the Close price at the time of the entry filling.

To use the open price, you could do that however this would require using Price mode instead of Ticks for the target, you will also need to use a Variable.

Modifying your current script, you would need to add a second action in the actions where you currently have EnterLong
                  In the action builder select the following:
                  • Misc -> Set User defined variable - > Variable0
                  • Click the ... button in the Value field
                  • Select Price Data -> Open
                  • Select Offset Type -> Ticks
                  • Enter the offset of 1

The end result looks like the following:
                  https://www.screencast.com/t/ysqk8Mp3l
                  • Now in another set, you can utilize the variable for an exit order or an exit order of your choice.
                  • An example condition would be the following checking for position and then exiting based on the price variable

The end result looks like the following:
                  https://www.screencast.com/t/yvTx3NJUWFa

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 01-30-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Thank you, I did but it doesn´t work, no position is open in the set time.

This is what I want:

1) open position in special time (it is fast ok now)
                    2) close position when is open+4 tick
                    3) if is open+4 reached out and close is not filled do close immediately as is possible (open+3).

If you look at the first picture (once again in attachment) you will see I bought price 2639,5 and PT was 2640,5 which was filled at 18:41 but it should was at 18:40 whned was the PT reached. So I want when is PT reached immediately close position I don´t want to wait because it may change the trend.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello jiri_barta,

Thank you for your reply.

Was this a realtime trade in live data or a historical trade? From the image, it appears the trade still likely filled correctly, however you can see differences between realtime and historical trades. If this was a historical trade, it would be subject to the historical fill algorithm.

For simulated trades, you can also experiment with Enforce immediate fill option which affects limit orders: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ghtsub=enforce

Comment

Hi Jesse, it was reaI trading. Look at this picture. The profit target was set at the price 2640.5. So why it wasn ´t filled at the bar 18:40 (point A) when the price was reached? It was filled bar after on the same value (point B).

Jiri
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello jiri_barta,

Thank you for your reply.

If this was a live trade, the order would also be subject to FIFO. It is possible that the order is not filled on this bar as there may be other orders which need to fill before your order comes up for a fill. If your order needed to wait for its turn it could end up filling after the timestamp of the bar which you noted. When your order gets submitted it gets put in last place for execution. A first-in, first-out basis means that if 10 people all submit orders at 2640.5, and then you place an order for one contract at the same price, all contracts ahead of you would need to be filled before yours gets filled which may equate to a later time.

Are you seeing this will all limit orders submitted always or have you only found this one example? The images provided so far are all the same so I am unsure if this would just be FIFO or something else in contrast to the details provided.

Comment

Hi, I have problem with my money on my accounts....yesterday a did two trades (-50 USD, +37,5 USD), before start trading I have balance 2236,84 USD, after trading 2224,34 USD, but today before trading only 2168,38 USD! How is this possible? I have no other execution no other opened position.

Jiri

Comment

Hello jiri_barta,

Thank you for the post.

With this information I would not be sure about the difference you are seeing, have you contacted your broker to review your account and trades at this point?

Comment

I have NT broker (Dorman). Yesterday I finished with balance 2224,34, I did only two trades, and today in the morning a view my balance only 2168,38 USD. So it is 55 USD for commision for two trades???

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post algospoke  
                                Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post maybeimnotrader