Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing of trading order

Hi friends,

please, it is possible in NT7 to put order for time f.e. 14:00 before this time?

F.e.:

I want buy in time 2:00 PM and I want put this order at 10:00 AM, it is possible?

thank you

Jiri

Hi Jiri, you mean via an automated strategy or manually from any of our order entry windows in NinjaTrader?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Probably manualy. I have some strategy based on predection for next day. But I´m during day at work of course so I need to put orders in the morning:

f.e. at 2:00 PM buy 1 contract, at 4:00 sell, at 6:00 PM buy,..

It is possible? Thank you

Comment

I see, thanks. That would be possible if the actions were done by an automated NinjaScript strategy. You can access for example the computer or bar timestamp in your script and take actions at the designated time.

Comment

Hi, please one more question, it is somewhere some guide how to work with NT sript for design of timing of trades? Thank you

Comment

I have attached a small example for you with your buy 2PM, sell 4PM condition. That's then solely done based on the bar timestamps seen. You can import the script via File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript and review / amend then, it's done in our point and click Strategy Wizard interface.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Dear, I´m back with other question

1) You have sended me stratégy, where is open at 14:00 but where I can set the close? I want close via end of bar (5 min, 15 min), but i don´t see setting for bar closing etc.?
                2) Where I can set up the amount of contracts for open?

Thank you for information

Comment

Jiri, you can of course send an ExitLong / ExitShort command at your desired time as well. You can control if the OnBarUpdate() part is called for each or each bar close only via CalculateOnBarClose -

You can specify the amount of contracts either in your code through one of the more advanced overloads (https://www.ninjatrader.com/support/.../enterlong.htm) or through the quantity options from the user interface (https://www.ninjatrader.com/support/...t_strategy.htm)

Comment

time rader example for check

Please I try to design time trader strategy in accordance to your help and manual, it is possible to check from you?

I want to do this:

1) Open each day
                    2) 1. trade is in 12:40 and close in 12:45 (because a want trade on 5 min bar and I selected barclose) trade with 2 contracts
                    3) 2. trade is in 13:10 and close in 13:20 (because i want trade on 10 min bar and I selected barclose) trade with 3 contracts.

It is please in this design correct? Thank you a lot.

Jiri
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jiri, no matter how many bars back you access the timestamp (Time[x]) > you would always work on the primary bars series from your chart here. So by what you do now you actually introduce a delay in seeing the condition evaluated for order placement, I'm just mentioning it since it could be not intended by you. You can apply the script for example to your 1 minute chart and now check the resulting trades you would get.

Comment

So I have studied and prepare stratégy, but now I have problém with this error:

Although you have order confirmation enabled, orders generated by a stratégy will be submitted without confirmation.

Please, what this mean?

When I put on "enabled"=True, stratege run, but this text is again.

Comment

Jiri, usually orders have to confirmed by default (unless you turn it off), so whenever you trigger to send an order NT would ask if you really wanted to send this to the account - however for automated scripts this would not make sense and defeat their purpose, so even if you have other enabled order confirmation to take place > this would be bypassed for orders coming from an automated script.

Comment

strategy out of grapf

Dear, when I trade via graph, stratégy run without problém, but my broker does not support trading of sugar via graph only via DOM, so I set the stratégy in setting menu for stratégy, than I can see this stratégy enable but in the time of execution it writes me error....? Everything is set like in other futures.

Where can be a problém, please? Thank you

Comment

Hi Jiri, which broker do you use here with NT? Would you mind contacting us via the Help >> Mail to Support option in NT so we could review in detail what rejection you experienced on this setup?

Thanks,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Christopher_R  
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              166 responses