Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDAmeritrade NYSE $TICK

Hi:

I've been unable to determine from previous posts if the TDAmeritrade NYSE $TICK feed is actually working in Ninja at this point.

I've setup a valid connection to my TD account. I've tested ^TICK during market hours and I get nothing from a chart or from the Command Center for data coming in.

The symbol mapping is correct as: $TICK

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not this index is working at this point?

Hello BigWaveDave,

Thanks for your post.

TD Ameritrade only provides Equities data to us.This is why you don't see the $TICK data, it's not provided to us.

Please see here for an overview of what TDA and our other supported providers provide to us:

Check under the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider'
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It used to work. Here is a chart of the last day it worked in NT.

Something changed on TDA side and without NT update to fix it, it won't work.

Originally posted by BigWaveDave View Post
      Hi:

I've been unable to determine from previous posts if the TDAmeritrade NYSE $TICK feed is actually working in Ninja at this point.

I've setup a valid connection to my TD account. I've tested ^TICK during market hours and I get nothing from a chart or from the Command Center for data coming in.

The symbol mapping is correct as: $TICK

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not this index is working at this point?

Comment

So I may attempt to test on my end please disconnect then send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) Your Config file which can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Was there any resolution to this? It clearly states in the historical data link provided that index data is supported.

TD Ameritrade
          YES
          NO
          NO
          NO
          NO
          YES
          YES
          Local
          E, "I" I = Index
          YES
          NO

Comment

Originally posted by futureman View Post
            Was there any resolution to this? It clearly states in the historical data link provided that index data is supported.
            Yeah - read my post and link.

Comment

^tick

Originally posted by sledge View Post
              Yeah - read my post and link.

Hi thanks for link looked at it, and the disappointing thing that I see is if I read and understood is that ^TICK from TDA feed in NT has not worked since around Feb 2013. With that said there have been around 14 updates to NT since then and it still does not work. Wonder why it has not been addressed?
              Thanks in advance for any insight

Comment

Hello,

We await development on the TD Ameritrade side to correct the issue which prevents NinjaTrader from using TD Ameritrade's ^TICK data.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hello,

We await development on the TD Ameritrade side to correct the issue which prevents NinjaTrader from using TD Ameritrade's ^TICK data.
                  I wouldn't expect any changes. They are trying to obsolete that software piece.

They even dropped there best mobile app that used it July 17,2014 and forced everyone onto these junk mobile apps that use the newer stuff.

So I'll believe it when I see it. In NT8, it should work again.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie0101 View Post
                    Hi thanks for link looked at it, and the disappointing thing that I see is if I read and understood is that ^TICK from TDA feed in NT has not worked since around Feb 2013. With that said there have been around 14 updates to NT since then and it still does not work. Wonder why it has not been addressed?
                    Thanks in advance for any insight
                    I use the ToS charts to look at $tick. Unfortunately it never did match 100%.

If thing is the very old mobile apps originally developed by 3rd party vendors who tda bought out and scrapped those programs still works. They are on my ipod.

Comment

response from TDA

Here is the response I rec'd from TDA regarding TICK in NT via TDA data feed
                      "Thank you for contacting TD Ameritrade. I am sorry, the $TICK will not load charts using the TD Ameritrade data feed used by NinjaTrader. Currently, the only platform we have that can chart the $TICK is ThinkorSwim"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post GwFutures1988  
                      Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes