Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarChart.Com ConnectionLost / Connected

Hi,

I'm getting some very strange, and debilitating, behaviour from my BarChart.com connection. For no apparent reason at all, I'll lose connection, and then immediately reconnect, sometime within the same second. Once this happens for the first time, the pattern will continue, as frequently as once a minute, until I disconnect and restart NT (see screenshot).

The problem is, at the first occurrence of this ConnectionLost / Connected sequence, data feed stops coming in and will not re-commence until I manually disconnect/restart NT/reconnect to BarChart. Even though I have IB as my secondary connection, it will not default to the backup feed, since BarChart still shows as being connected at the lower left of the Control Center.

As you can imagine, this wrecks havoc on my automated strategies. Is there anything I can do to fix it, short of changing data providers? I like BarChart, as it's one of the few companies that pre-split their historical data.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Nick
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes