Data box & chart updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data box & chart updating

Dear NT support: I have a one minute chart setup of the 6E (or could be the ES, NQ) along with the associated Data Box. My question is this: when I move my cursor all the way to the right of my chart where the cursor disappears or I place the cross hair cursor on the current candletick, the Data Box shows the current values. BUT, when the next minute candlestick occurs, the Data Box does not update to current time and obviously does not update the new volume and open, high, low, close bars. Even when I have my cursor on the current candlestick, the volume, OHLC bars do not update. However, if I move the cursor ever so slighly or left click my mouse on that current candlestick, the Data Box updates .... it does not do it automatically. Hopefully this post makes sense to you guys.
    Thanks,
    Paul W.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Currently the information within the Data Box will not update real time as information is received and will only update when the bar is selected once again however development has assigned this feature request ID #1146 in their tracking system.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Currently the information within the Data Box will not update real time as information is received and will only update when the bar is selected once again however development has assigned this feature request ID #1146 in their tracking system.
      Thanks Christopher for your help. I thought that I was doing something wrong but at least I know I am not going crazy. Hopefully they will get this fixed in the near future. Also thanks for the quick reply. NT support is the greatest.
      Paul W.

Comment

You're welcome Paul and thank you for the kind words.

Have a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          You're welcome Paul and thank you for the kind words.

Have a great day!
          Christopher: one more question ... I was going to ask this question buy I found a post on this support forum about NT calculating the timing of the candlesticks to the closing price of the bar i.e. if it is 1:00 p.m. the current candlestick in a NT chart shows 1:01 p.m. which as far as I know several other charting systems use the opening price of the candlestick so if the start of 1:00 p.m. the candlestick shows 1:00 p.m.
          Is there any chance that NT will ever change this to the opening candlestick time or better yet, give us the option to change whether we want to see a current candlestick time or the one minute ahead NT candlestick ??
          Thanks again,
          Paul W.

Comment

Currently there is not an option to time stamp based off the open of the bar as opposed to the close however this has been sent to development as well and has been assigned ID #1240.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes