Silver Futures (SI) aborts NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Futures (SI) aborts NT

I am attempting to create a new chart for the SILVER FUTURES (SI).

1. When I attempt to select the symbol and apply my default template, NT crashes. I read in the support forums that others were having difficulty the IB's symbol mapping and others were just having similar problems with SI symbols. I am currently trading using the SIM mode. I didn't see anything resulting in crashes.

I have reset the symbols but the problem still exists. I am using CQG as a data provider.

As I was writing this it occured to me that I should try it with a Minute chart (I was using a 3rd part bar type) and without a template. I was able to get the chart to come up and then load the template and change to the 3rd party bar type and NT did not abort.

I am still submitting my logs as I would like to know why it was crashing as this was very annoying.

2. According the the www.cmegroup.com website there are 2 variants of the "SI" contract (5000 oz and 1000 oz - CME's symbology is SI and SIL respectively). I would like to trade the 1000 oz. Any suggestions on how to make this happen.
    Attached Files

Hello mcatmull,

Thanks for your post.

I am unclear if rebuilding the chart resolved this or not.If so then your workspace is corrupt and will need to be rebuilt.
    If not you will need to rebuild your workspace adding 1 indicator back at a time to see what NinjaScript may be the cause. You then would need to contact the vendor of the indicator if you verify what specific indicator is the cause.
    Your log and trace files do not show what was the cause.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

To clear things up, I did not have to rebuild the workspace. In fact SI was for a new chart. When I would create the chart NT would abort and I would have to restart NT.

The way I got it to work was to do the following:
      1. Set the data series to a Minute chart (vs. the 3rd party I used last).
      2. Did not apply a template.

Then after the chart came up, I did the following:
      1. Applied the "default" template
      2. Set the data series to the 3rd party bar type.

Does this make more sense?

Also, can you please help on how to trade the 1000 oz variant of the SI futures. The volume is much less but so is the margin.

Comment

Hello mcatmull,

Thanks for your reply.

You would need to narrow down what caused the crash.
        I would recommend opening a new SI chart with your saved template and a minute bar. If this work try opening your SI chart with the custom bar type and no template

To access the SI 1000 you will need to create a new instrument under Tools> Instrument Manager> New
        Attached Files
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
        116 responses
        1 like
        Last Post kevinenergy  
        Started by franatas, 12-04-2023, 03:43 AM
        7 responses