Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSAR indicator & charting label

Dear NT support: I have 2 questions
    1. Is there a way to completely hide the descriptions on the very top of the chart that lists out all your indicators that you have open on a chart. In the chart properties, I see that there is a strikeout & underline feature for the descriptions but is there a hide function ?

2. Also if you pull up the ParabolicPSAR indicator and look at the " Acceleration step " parameter ... is there someway to override and change that value. You can change the values on the " Acceleration & Acceleration Max " parameters but the " Acceleration step " stays fixed on the value of 0.02 even when trying to change it.

Thanks for your help,
    Paul W.

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your post.

1. Indicator text can be removed by deleting the contents of the 'Label' property within the indicators menu, selecting "Apply" and "OK".

2. I am unable to reproduce this behavior. I am able to adjust this value and apply the change by selecting "Apply" after changing the setting.

If you would like remote assistance with this item, please send a note to support(at)ninjtrader(dot)com, put ATTN: ZACH in the subject line and provide a link to this forum post in the body.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The NinjaTrader Parabolic has two little bugs:

(1) Due to a problem in the properties section of the indicator, the acceleration step cannot be set to values smaller than 0.02. Problem here is line 182

Code:
      set { accelerationStep = Math.Max(0.02, value); }
      which should read

Code:
      set { accelerationStep = Math.Max(0.0, value); }
      (2) Also the NinjaTrader Parabolic does not correctly detect reversals for wide ranging bars. Please see chart below with two examples. In both cases the PSAR produces an erronous stop, as it sets back the stop instead of reverting (see chart attached).

I have coded my own PSAR to get correct results. I am still testing it. If somebody wants to participate in the test, please send me a private message.
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Pattontje  
      Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
      17 responses
      0 likes