Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay Data

Hi Support,

I have two questions regarding the Replay Data.First,my Time Zone is GMT+12,so when the replay starts on Monday,it`s always 4 PM - GMT +12.Why is that?The second,is where do i get the cleanest 5+years FX Data available?

Thanks

Hello cachevery,

This is because market replay data you download uses US EDT time zone (12:00 AM - 12:00 AM). Subsequently it will adjust as per the time zone that is used on your computer. For example, if your PC clock uses US Mountain time, it will load data from 10:00 PM to 10:00 PM the next day.

Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

I am not sure what providers that support forex data have more than 5 years of historical data available. Please check this with the broker or data feed provider.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

BTW,is it possible to cut off the weekends,when playing the Replay,so i do not spend time starring at the screen,waiting for the Monday to appear again?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, that is not possible within NinjaTrader's current version.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello,

Unfortunately, that is not possible within NinjaTrader's current version.
          So many things impossible with the current version,don`t you?Impossible is nothing!At least it would be possible to make it faster then,then X500,i guess.

Comment

Howdy,

When i start the Replay,there is no past data on the chart.It starts from the current day and i set and the current bar.How do i get historical data in the Replay?

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

I would recommend that you connect to your real-time and historical data provider and load a chart for the period which you will be replaying to collect the historical data which you will need to backfill charts. Once this data has been loaded it should be available within replay charts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                Hello,

I would recommend that you connect to your real-time and historical data provider and load a chart for the period which you will be replaying to collect the historical data which you will need to backfill charts. Once this data has been loaded it should be available within replay charts as well.
                Hi Kyle,it only loads as far as the February 2014.I want to replay far far past that.let`s say starting from 2011

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, NinjaTrader data servers do not offer that amount of replay data. Only around 1 year of data for the most commonly traded instruments is available.

Comment

WTH!!!

Or you just kidding me?

Comment

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration with the amount of replay data which is available however to directly answer your question: no, that is not a joke - only around 1 year of data for the most commonly traded instruments is available at NinjaTrader replay data servers.

Comment

Can you answer then Kyle this:why are so many limitations with NT.Was that an intention of the developers in the first place?It`s pretty simple stuff i`m usually asking here.Not a rocket science.

Comment

Hello cachevery,

Thanks for your reply.

Market Replay data is provided to all users for free. There are some limitations designed into this to find the balance of what clients need and provide smooth access to the data. As per the help guide "NinjaTrader offers a limited amount of replay data free to download".
                          Historical data on the chart is loaded from your historical data. to backfill your replay charts you need to download the desired historical data from your data provider.
                          Additional features to replay and how it functions will be available in NinjaTrader 8.
                          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post algospoke  
                          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes