Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawLine bug

Hi,

I have seen something on this in the past but can't seem to find it. Is there anyway to avoid charting seemingly randomly deciding not to draw lines? I have custom indicators I have written using Drawline to draw lines at calculated levels.

Usually this works but at times, it simply doesn't draw the line until some future point at which time, it draws it completely correctly (start to end, that isn't the issue). I have other indicators that use the actual number and it is correct so that is definitely not the issue (so that isn't the issue either).

Sometimes scrolling one direction or the other causes it to draw but usually it just suddenly reappears. To say this is annoying is an understatement but worse yet, I trade live based on this information.

At times I don't realize the number that should have been drawn wasn't (it can be difficult to prove a negative). I could check the other indicators and work backwards but this seems like a pretty serious bug for someone who trades live.

Hi ScottB,

The indicator is likely drawing too far off of the chart.

If one end of a line is off of the chart more than currentbar+(number of bars visible on chart)-1 then the drawing object will not appear. If you scroll over so that at least one end of the object is within this buffer range then the object will appear.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

The end point of the line being drawn is always the current bar so is highly unlikely that is the issue. You can also see this behavior in the middle of the price series i.e. the current time is 0730 and the chart has days worth of data, yet the line may be completely missing from 0330 to 0530 if scrolled such that is the visible area but then reappears if you scroll over even one bar (nowhere near the right most bar of the chart).

As I mentioned in my original post, I have seen this discussed in the forum in the past, I just cannot seem to locate the relevant post(s). Under any circumstances, I take it from your answer, there is not currently a work around to this issue.

Comment

Hi ScottB,

I'd be happy to give you a call and take a look at this with you.

If you could though, a video would be very helpful in showing the behavior you are experiencing.

Jing from TechSmith is free and creates videos.
        http://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/

Comment

Chelsea, thank you, I appreciate the offer. I trade until around 3 pm Eastern; given that is 1 pm Mountain, would that work? I first have to see if I can recreate the issue from this morning.

It may have to be in real time for it to be clear what is going on. I tried looking at the area where it occurred and I am not able to recreate it. Next time I see it in real time, I will send an email to support with my account and contact information (it is a paid live account).
          Last edited by ScottB; 06-06-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Hi ScottB,

If you would like a call please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com and I will schedule a call with you.

In the body of the email please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Chelsea, thank you I will do that next time I see the situation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post Jltarrau  
              Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Jltarrau