Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to 64 bit OS; Need to Re-Install NT7; needs tips and must dos

Howdy--

I just purchased a 64 bit version of Windows 7 Pro, which I am going to upgrade over the weekend. My goal is to re-install NT7 with all of my settings in place. What specific files do I need to copy over to insure that my re-installed NT7 will retain what I currently have?

Thanks,

Aventeren

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

All of your settings, workspaces, templates, etc. are stored in the (My)Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 folder. You could either manually move and replace the folder or you could use our built-in backup/restore feature. A video detailing how to back up settings to a different installation is at the link below.

Please let me know if you'd like any further assistance.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZachS View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

All of your settings, workspaces, templates, etc. are stored in the (My)Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 folder. You could either manually move and replace the folder or you could use our built-in backup/restore feature. A video detailing how to back up settings to a different installation is at the link below.

Please let me know if you'd like any further assistance.
      Thanks; I clicked on the link, and it just took me back to this thread. Can you please re-submit the link?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Aventeren,

Sorry about that, I must have grabbed the wrong link!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCp9ebpV1M

I tested the link above and it goes to the correct spot!

Comment

How might a guy know how big the Backup file will be (i.e., how big of a thumb drive will I need)?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

You can get a rough idea by looking at the size of (My)Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db folder. The only way to know what size it is going to be for sure is to run the backup and looking at the file.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ZachS; 06-09-2014, 10:27 AM.

Comment

While trying to Restore my Backup, it hangs with 00:00:01 to go.

Any ideas?
              Last edited by aventeren; 06-11-2014, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Hello Aventeren,

As a note, please refrain from using profanity on our forums as these are a public realm of communication.

The timer is just a rough estimate. It could be that the last item that it is trying to import is really large. Have you allowed it to "hang" for a while to see if it ever completes?

If that is not successful, do you have any firewall or anti-virus software running that could be interfering? Are you able to successfully restore after disabling any of this type of software?

If neither of the items mentioned above provide a resolution, please send me a note to support(at)ninjatrader(dot)com with ATTN: Zach in the subject line and a link to this forum thread in the body.

Comment

Hello Aventeren,

As a note, please refrain from using profanity on our forums as these are a public realm of communication.

The timer is just a rough estimate. It could be that the last item that it is trying to import is really large. Have you allowed it to "hang" for a while to see if it ever completes?

If that is not successful, do you have any firewall or anti-virus software running that could be interfering? Are you able to successfully restore after disabling any of this type of software?

If neither of the items mentioned above provide a resolution, please send me a note to support(at)ninjatrader(dot)com with ATTN: Zach in the subject line and a link to this forum thread in the body.
                  Thanks, Zach.

I edited my post.

I do not have a firewall or anti-virus program installed yet, so it's clean.

I let it restore overnight, so it's been hanging for a while. I'll send you an email.

Thanks,

Aventeren

Comment

Hey,

I'm writing to confirm that you received my response to your email. I never received a response so I wanted to follow up and make sure that you did receive it.

Comment

Hey,

I'm writing to confirm that you received my response to your email. I never received a response so I wanted to follow up and make sure that you did receive it.
                      Zach--

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I was able to restore most of my settings, but the indicators and strategies had to be moved manually and re-downloaded in the case of two locked indicators that I had downloaded from BMT. So I think I am good on the indicator, strategy, connections, templates and most my settings at this point. The one last thing that I am missing are my Session Templates. Where were those stored within my Ninjatrader folder, and can I manually just copy those over or will I have to re-create them?

Additionally, I discovered that I needed to order a bit more RAM, so I bumped up to 16 GB and also put a 1 TB SSD on order, so that should all be here on Monday and installed Tuesday (hopefully).

So I have a little work to do, but I should have a pretty solid machine after it's all said and done.

So at this point, the only think missing are my Session Templates--that is unless I find something else at a later time.

Thanks!

Aventeren

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by FishTrade, Today, 03:42 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post FishTrade  
                      Started by Richozzy38, Today, 01:06 PM