• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Backtesting works only on daily bars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtesting works only on daily bars

Hello together,

I changed from TS to NT (free version). My new NT strategy runs well during backtesting with end of day data from Kinetick. Now, I decided to try it on realtime bars. I recognized, that it doesn´t work on minute charts. It only works on daily charts. Is there a different?

Hope someone can help me. Thanks uupsa.

Hello uupsa,

I wanted to check with you, are you trying to run a backtest on this strategy for minute bars while connected to the Kinetick End of Day data?

If this NinjaTrader installation has never had an Intraday connection and only a end of day data connection then there would be no minute bars to run the back test against.

If you do have a realtime data connection I could look at the strategy and see if I notice anything that sticks out if you would like to post it.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

it is a very huge script with external data from a java tool. So I can´t post it here. Sorry!

I checked the datafeed an I am using the realtime datafeed from Kinetick. If I change from a minute chart to the daily chart it works perfect. If I go back to minute bars... Ok, guess I found the problem. I have trouble with datetime. Think I have a time mismatch. Otherwise, I will write again.

Thanks for your help.

uupsa

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by vivekniwas, Today, 04:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post vivekniwas  
      Started by dtl-saw, Today, 03:36 PM
      1 response