Unable to Load Historical data, unknown Instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Load Historical data, unknown Instrument

I'm running into an issue where I repeatedly get "Unable to load historical data: unknown instrument" and/or "Error on reloading data: Unable to load historical data: unknown instrument (Panic)" and/or "Error on loading chart data for 'ES 09-12 Globex': Unable to load historical data:unknown instrument".

It seems to only apply to FUTURE contracts.

I've seen other threads on the topic and I've tried to follow all their advice without luck.

I'm running NT 64bit with the NT partner version of Kinetick. I've uninstalled and reinstalled NT.

I've disconnected, then gone to Tools > Options > Data and Reset DB, Repaired DB, and Reset Instruments (then restarted NT).

I've tried deleting the "db" folder.

I've tried deleting all my workspaces and coming into NT fresh without any indicators or charts.

I've tried using the continuous contract of a future (ES ##-##) as well as specifying the contract month (ES 06-14).

All seem to have to have no affect on the error messages. Again, this seems to only apply to future contracts. Forex, stocks, and indexes seem to work okay.

Is there something going on with the Kinetick datafeed or is it me? Is there something else I can try?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your post.

Is this a Kinetick Live or Kinetick End of Day?
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
      Is this a Kinetick Live or Kinetick End of Day?
      Kinetick Live.

Daniel

Comment

I am getting the same thing with Kenetic EOD

Comment

Also it is not all Futures contracts.

For example CL ##-## is okay

but ES ##-## fails

ATM even ES 06-14 fails
          Last edited by skiguy; 06-08-2014, 02:12 AM.

Comment

I use IQ Feed intraday data and the same issues have just started to occur with me in the last 24 hours. I believe Kinetick is rebadged IQ Feed data so I suspect our data supplier has some sort of weekend data issue. Symbols which were recognised yesterday on my PC are now throwing up error messages consistent with other posts in this thread.
            Cheers
            Mark

Comment

Magically, things look to be working well this morning.

Looks like it was an issue on the data feed end? In any case, it looks to be resolved!

Daniel

Comment

Daniel,

I was receiving the same message yesterday as well. This was more than likely due to weekend maintenance.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes it seems to be okay now.

Comment

Unable to Load Historical data: unknown instrument

This Kinetick bug has roared its head today after the long weekend.

I have confirmed that until an instrument has traded, Ninjatrader / Kinetick will not recognize the instrument and throw this error. Once a trade occurs the error will go away and the instrument will be recognized.

Is this a known bug for long weekends? Is there a fix?

Screenshot attached. Kinetick Live btw.

Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by number1 View Post
                      This Kinetick bug has roared its head today after the long weekend.

I have confirmed that until an instrument has traded, Ninjatrader / Kinetick will not recognize the instrument and throw this error. Once a trade occurs the error will go away and the instrument will be recognized.

Is this a known bug for long weekends? Is there a fix?

Screenshot attached. Kinetick Live btw.

Thanks.
                      I use IQ Feed intraday data which is the supplier for Kinetick. I live in Australia and often look at my charts on a Sunday night which equates to early Sunday morning US Eastern time. Virtually every single time I do this I get the same type of error message window on every chart and if there are 5 indicators on the chart I can get dozens and dozens of these windows popping up. The strange thing is that the charts generally finally load anyway! The charts all worked OK the previous week and work again the next week but something weird appears to happen on Sundays for me. There appears to be a specific time window leading up to the Sunday night Globex US market open where this occurs and I agree that once trading commences the problem disappears. I have written to both IQ Feed and NinjaTrader regarding this issue wihout success so far. IQ Feed said they have no problems on their end but it is looking more and more like a strange problem that only occurs with their feed sometime in the last 12 or so hours before the market reopens. I have had this problem occur now probably 10 times! It is possible that my large time zone difference to the US might also be a contributing factor.
                      Cheers
                      Mark

Comment

For me, my Kinetick live data is complaining about "NQ 12-14 Globex" as being an unknown instrument.

Should I simply delete my cache folder (or some other folder) and force it to reload everything?

Could the Jan 1st data changes play a role in December data not being valid?

Thank you,
                        Daniel

Comment

Thank you for the update and good to know it is a universal bug and not isolated to me.

I was able to confirm, as you did, that once an instrument posts a trade (volume) then NinjaTrader will recognize the instrument as existing. Kind of silly to have reload charts pending a trade...

Regarding Sundays, I have been able to avoid the bug by expanding the data history to include a previous trading day (on a Monday use 3 days of data). However, for holidays this does not work likely due to something on NinjaTrader's side given its occurring on more than one data provider.

Can you test out next Sunday whether the 3-days of data on your chart dodges this annoying bug?

Would love to hear a NinjaTrader update, given they too have been able to replicate it on their side. If not, today is a good day to replicate it on your own NinjaTrader

Number1
                          Last edited by number1; 01-20-2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neoikon View Post
                            For me, my Kinetick live data is complaining about "NQ 12-14 Globex" as being an unknown instrument.

Should I simply delete my cache folder (or some other folder) and force it to reload everything?

Could the Jan 1st data changes play a role in December data not being valid?

Thank you,
                            Daniel

It appears that this occurs soon after the old contract expires and I simply select the next contract. Try selecting the March 2015 NQ contract instead.

Cheers
                            Mark

Comment

I was already using front month already. Bug still occurrs so I think it is just that volume / trade fixed your problem not front-month?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Christopher_R  
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              166 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sidlercom80