Adjusting strategy with position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting strategy with position

how do I adjust my auto strategy without having to exit my posiition? then once adjusted, I want the ability to get back to the same state before adjusting. For example I currently have a position on TF . but would like to adjust it without having to exit. once my adjustment is done, I would like for my strategy to synchronize the current state it is in.

Hello AldricJC,

Thank you for your note.

First, I must note that a new strategy instance cannot pick up the orders or positions from a previous instance. However, we can set NinjaTrader to sync the account position with the strategy upon starting the new instance.

What this means is that we can disable the strategy without worry of closing the position(s), then we can make our changes to the code and re-enable the strategy with Sync Account Position set to True. And since the new instance of the strategy cannot see the orders from the previous instance we would need to ensure that we go to Tools --> Options --> Strategies --> NinjaScript --> and enable the options to cancel orders for entry and exit when the strategy is disabled under the Order Handling section.

For information on the Strategy settings under Tools --> Options --> Strategies please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...tegies_tab.htm
    For information on the Strategy parameters, such as Sync Account Position, please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...strategies.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
    9 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post f.saeidi  
    Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Tim-c