Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping over Template and Layout

Hi,

I had a hard drive crash but was able to save my old NT folder. I am trying to copy over my template and layout files and when I installed NT on my new hard drive and explored the folder, I cannot find the template or layout folder to copy over to. Thoughts/help?

Hello Stok,

Thank you for your post.

The templates folder and workspaces folder are located in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder. You will need to locate the folders from the old hard drive in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder and place them in the new hard drive at the same directory.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

As you can see in the image, I don't have those folders for some unknown reason. I even made a mock template and workspace in the new NT and saved it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ahhh...nevermind, I looked under My Docs. Why are there two different folders anyways (under Docs and Prog files) ? Thanks for the help!

Comment

Hello Stok,

Thank you for your response.

The Program Files NinjaTrader 7 folder holds the program files where the (My) Documents NinjaTrader 7 folder holds the personal user files, such as templates, indicators, workspaces, logs and database.

Comment

Candlestick screen

My screen is compressed so that the ticker/price has 2 full point intervals. I
            need to get it to the quarter point intervals and still see the candlestick movement
            for better function.
            Thanks,
            nugold
            Last edited by nugold; 06-25-2014, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Hello nugold,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Can you send a screenshot of your chart and possibly a chart that shows what you are looking for in NinjaTrader?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                Hello nugold,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Can you send a screenshot of your chart and possibly a chart that shows what you are looking for in NinjaTrader?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link: http://take-a-screenshot.org/
                Can't get a screenshot to work. Basically if I expand my chart on the right where increments show up at quarter points, the screen on the left(current candlestick) is not visible. How do I achieve both - quarter point screen with current candlestick in the middle of the screen for viewing?

Comment

Hello nugold,

I have created a video on this item you can view it at the following link: http://screencast.com/t/2HzCURosb

For information on navigating a chart please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                    Hello nugold,

I have created a video on this item you can view it at the following link: http://screencast.com/t/2HzCURosb

For information on navigating a chart please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm

Patrick, Thanks for your help. Your video explains it. The Ctrl + scroll did it. I knew it must be a simple function...still learning the system.
                    Thanks again!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes