Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM and Ninja then Upgrade or Buy Ninja Outright

Hello,

I am considering moving from another Easy Language based platform to the NinjaTrader platform.

I'm weighing up a single payment of $1,495 for a lifetime multibroker license versus joining via FXCM (where I have an account) and then upgrading to a lifetime multibroker license.

Can you advise what is the lowest cost path? Thank you.

KK

Hello KuroKatana,

Thank you for your interest in NinjaTrader.

Can you please clarify if you are trading with any brokers other than FXCM?

If you already have an account with FXCM and meet a few minimum account requirements, you may be able to receive a free live license key for NinjaTrader 7. You can learn more about using NinjaTrader with FXCM at the following link:
    The free license key from FXCM is provided on a monthly basis based on your ability to maintain the minimum account requirements. As a result, it would not be possible to upgrade from the free FXCM license to a full multi broker lifetime license. If you would like to have lifetime access to NinjaTrader 7 for use with any and all of our supported brokers, you would want to purchase a license key directly from our website:
    I would like to clarify that NinjaTrader does not natively support EasyLanguage. NinjaTrader uses our own programming language called NinjaScript for custom indicator and strategy development. NinjaScript is based on industry-standard C#. You can learn more about NinjaScript at the link below:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Christopher for the quick response. The speed and clarity of response represents the product and hopefully after sales support well.

Understood: "it would not be possible to upgrade from the free FXCM license to a full multi broker lifetime license." Aware NT is C# derived.

Will probably return to purchase NT later.

Comment

A few follow up questions:

1. Can NinjaTrader run on one 'execution' computer with a data feed, either Kinetic or DTN IQ, from another 'charts' computer?

2. Can NinjaTrader run on one 'control' computer with 'execution' via an API call to, for example Interactive Brokers, running on another computer?

3. Does the license allow one computer be a development environment and another live?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

1.) Unfortunately, this is not possible.

2.) Unfortunately, this is not possible either.

3.) A NinjaTrader license can be used on only one PC at a time however we would be happy to provide you with a secondary free version license key which could be used to access all features of NinjaTrader with the exception of live trading. If that is something which you would like please contact me with a quick note to Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com with a link to this forum thread.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by KuroKatana View Post
            Hello,

I am considering moving from another Easy Language based platform to the NinjaTrader platform.

I'm weighing up a single payment of $1,495 for a lifetime multibroker license versus joining via FXCM (where I have an account) and then upgrading to a lifetime multibroker license.

Can you advise what is the lowest cost path? Thank you.

KK
            I don't have FXCM, but I leased for several months before going Lifetime multibroker.

Small price to pay to be sure.

Comment

Thanks Kyle and Sledge. I was about to purchase NinjaTrader this week with the intention of using it to control FX trades in FXCM and ES trades in Interactive Brokers. Meaning a single payment of $1,495.

I now noticed that you acquired a brokerage and offer:

"E-Mini S&P 500 round turn at $3.38 All-In."

Does this include:

(1) clearing fees?
              (2) exchange fees?
              (3) NFA fees?

Also what are any other costs I should be aware of such as:

(4) carry fees?
              (5) liquidation fees?
              (6) reporting fees?

If I purchase Ninja today, will there be continuing support for controlling other platforms such as Interactive Brokers, FXCM and OEC? Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

I can confirm that we intend to continue to support Interactive Brokers and FXCM moving forward. OpenECry is not supported however. In terms of your other questions, I would ask that you contact us by email at BrokerageSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks again Kyle. Will do.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cre8able  
                  Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM