Backup & restore failing to restore Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup & restore failing to restore Strategies

I gather (in hindsight) from other forum posts that when you go to restore a previous backup of Ninjatrader user files, that you have to have the same version of NT installed. I have quite a problem, because I have a backup from about a year ago that I need to restore. I won't bore you with why I'm in this situation, but that is what I need.

About 6 months ago I attempted a restore but had already upgraded to another version of Ninjatrader. The problem is that I don't know what version was in use a year ago or how to get it from the archive, and I need helping figuring this out.

The error I get is, "Ninja files can't be restored since they would corrupt your installation."

Hello Tradertree,

Thank you for your post.

This message indicates that there are some NinjaScript files in the backup that would corrupt the NinjaScripts files already in there.

Please send me a request to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN Cal in the subject and reference this thread.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I appear to be having the same problem as tradetree while trying to restore one of my strategies from last weeks backup. Haven't seen a post yet on how to get around this. Could someone help me?

Comment

So we can assist you and your specific issue, please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a summary of what is occurring and any other relevant information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888