Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutliple strategies order of execution

Hello,

I have few questions regarding the order of execution when you are running multiple strategies on different stocks. I am using NT with IB.

Lets say that I am running 2 strategies, each on different stock. Each of them is following certain position sizing rules as to prevent the order execution when you have under X$ AccountItem.CashValue.

Situation 1: What happens when both of the strategies trigger based on their rules? Is there some logic in what order they execute? If yes, what it is based on?

Situation 2: What happens when both of the strategies trigger, but due to position sizing rules, there is enough cash only for one execution. Example: You have 52 000$ on account, position sizing minimum is 50 000$. The previous bar closes and both strategie are set to trigger after bar close. I presume that first strategy executes as usual and the second one does not since you have only 2k left on account. Could you please confirm this logic?

Thank you in advance for answer

Hello Waldo,

Thank you for your post.

Executions are processed and sent down to the millisecond if not further, while the strategies would appear to submit at the same time they would in fact be at different times and would get processed by IB by the first one and so forth.

If the Strategy A submitted the order first and got filled, then the order from Strategy B would be rejected by the broker for insufficient funds in your scenario.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for fast answer, Is there a possibility to know order in which strategies are filled/sent to IB?

And regarding the rejection of strategy B, I thought that It would not even be sent to IB.

This concerns me a bit, because for example in case of margin account both orders might be accepted even though you do not wish to use funds above your cash pool. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks
      Last edited by Waldo; 06-14-2014, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Waldo,

You can use the OnOrderUpdate() from the Strategy to check when your order has been filled.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rderupdate.htm
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

regarding the rejection of strategy B, I thought that It would not even be sent to IB.

This concerns me a bit, because for example in case of margin account both orders might be accepted even though you do not wish to use funds above your cash pool. Is there a way to prevent this?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses
          1 like
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn