Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart data not updating (eSignal feed)

Hello,

I have purchased an eSignal data feed which allows me to view live minute data.

When I create a new minute bar chart, the chart has the most recent data. However, it does no update. I can only update the chart by closing it and reopening a new one.

The session template which I'm using has been set up correctly for ASX equities (please see attached) so I am unsure as to why the chart is not updating.

Could someone please help me get the chart data updating automatically?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Is eSignal the only provider which you are connected to? If not, which of your data sources do you connect to first?

If the instrument is selected within the Orders tab of the Control Center window, do you see updates in the bid, ask and last price fields or is 'n/a' displayed here?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

I am only connected to one connection, being eSignal.

I have attached a screenshot of the current Orders tab.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Does the last price value update or remain static?

Comment

Since my last post I had closed NT. Upon reopening, it now says n/a. Please see attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This indicates that real-time data is not reaching NinjaTrader. I understand that historical data is loading however when a chart is created, does an error message of any kind appear on screen? If so, what does the error report to you?

Comment

Hi Kyle, no errors at all.

Comment

Hello scottyheist,

Can you please check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive realtime data.

If the issue remains, please send me your log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. Please put 'Att Jason, Chart data not updating (eSignal feed)' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140617 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140617 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Follow up on Chart not loading up

Hi, I am running a demo account through FXCM and my live data is not working. My bottom left hand corner of my screen shows connected but no feed is coming through. I have a metatrader account that I do not use because I like ninja trader better but I checked there application and my demo account there is working fine. Ive had multiple different demo accounts because of errors every 2 weeks or so and I'm hoping this is not the case again. Please help. Thanks

Comment

Hello XtraderFX,

So that I may investigate please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The trace file is a diagnostic file which you will find in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the 'trace.20150823.txt' file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by patrickmlee007, Today, 09:33 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                    Started by Vulgoth_t_Destroyer, 05-09-2022, 04:45 PM
                    53 responses
                    0 likes