Data Saved on Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Saved on Chart

I have imported historical data from a text file and am using an external data feed for realtime data. In order to keep the new data, I have enabled 'save chart data as historical'. However, when I close my charts and turn off my data feed, then the real time data is not stored. I have tried saving it as a template and workspace, but that doesn't help either.

Hello aldenstout,

What source are you using for real time data?

If you go to Tools > Historical Data Manager > Edit tab, select the instrument and expand the tree, is the data listed here?
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes. The data is there. The external feed is based on a streaming api that is connected to NinjaTrader, but not a professional data service. However it does chart the data realtime when operating.

Comment

Hello aldenstout,

If the data is listed in the Edit tab of the Historical Data Manager window, the data is stored on your PC.

If you open a chart when not connected, does the data load on the chart?

Does the historical data you imported display on the charts?

Comment

The imported data loads on a chart whether or not I am connected. The realtime data that was saved does not load at all. Is there a way to reload that data if it is saved on my PC?

Comment

Hello aldenstout,

Is the real time data that has been recorded list in the Edit tab of the Historical Data Manager window.

Please send me your data files, log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support checking the box 'Chart data'.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: 'ATTN Chris S http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=377979'

Comment

I can send you the log files. Quick question: What if I just hit 'Reload' from the historical data manager file. Might that load ALL the saved data from the historical data manager? And, yes, the realtime data shows up on the EDIT tab

Comment

Hello aldenstout,

If the data is present in the Historical Data Manager window it should load on the chart when the data is requested.

If you right click on the chart and select the 'Reload All Historical Data Option', does the data load?

If not, if you disconnect and open a new chart, does the data load?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                0 responses