Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving to NT6.5

Hi
    I have just downloaded NT6.5. AT a certain point I was asked if I wanted to "migrate" from NT6 to NT6.5, to which I answered yes. I thought that migration meant that I willl find all my charts and indicators etc. in NT6.5 as I had them in NT6.
    Instead I have absolutely nothing, apart from the default instrument list.
    I apologise for the naivety of the question, but does this mean that I have to re-build all the charts from scratch, re-download third party applications and so on?

While we are here, is NT6.5 still a beta or not?

Thanks and regards

Hi gretrader,

The migration process should bring over whatever indicator/strategy files you had to NT6.5. You may need to rebuild your charts. Did you have chart templates saved before?

NT6.5 is out of beta.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have saved some templates in NT6, but when I apply them they appear without the third party indicators and applications that I have imported over time. I did use the import/export utility, but it looks like it did not work.
      Secondly, although I may have had a general template for a chart of say, the DAX, I have changed some parameters of some indicators for, say the FTSE. I am happy I did not lose anything, as NT6 is still there as usual, but re-building all the charts will be quite a task!

So, is there a way to have all old NT6 charts, templates, indicators, third party downloads etc. up and running in NT6.5 immediately or do I have to do it all over again?

Thanks

Comment

If it did not come across the first time (chart templates should have) then unfortunately you will have to rebuild. Sorry for the inconvenience.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes