Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Performance Tab - Instruments

Hello

I am looking at the Account Performance Tab and learning how to use it.

The only instrument that is listed in the Instruments section is ES 06-14. I have not traded the ES in these accounts at all - only FX and none of those instruments are listed. If it makes a difference, all trades have been made through TWS and not through NinjaTrader (as I just purchased the license yesterday). Do the trades need to backfill in some way?

I have looked in the Instrument Manager window to see if there is a way of adding instruments from there, but to no avail.

Could you please let me know how I can load the instruments that I have traded in my IB account.

Hello jg123,

Could it be you traded the ES 06-14 in the NinjaTrader sim101 account in the past and that is why it is listed?

Unfortunately you will only see instruments under the Advanced>> button that have been traded in NinjaTrader.

You could manually enter executions in the Control Center-->Executions-tab. Instructions can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great, thank you

I see the option to export data that is in there to Excel, but I do not see the option to import from Excel. Is there an option to do so?

Comment

Unfortunately there is no such option.

Comment

Great thank you.

This leads me to my next question then. If I manually enter all of my trades into NT on one system, will I also have to enter all of those trades manually into NT on another computer? Or can I export a NT file and store it on the computer somewhere so that NT on that computer will read it? (trying to find a way of not needing to double the amount of work to get my system up to date)

Comment

Trade history is saved in the database, which resides at the location below.

(My) Documents-->NinjaTrder 7-->db-->NinjaTrader.sdf file (SQL Server Compact Edition Database File)

Besides trade history the database also contains:

ATM Strategy templates
            Session templates
            Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments
            Saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

So these items will be replaced as well.

Comment

Thank you, that is very useful information!

Is it possible to edit the executions after they have been entered? I do not see an option for that.

Comment

Unfortunately you cannot edit executions. You would need to delete the execution and add a new execution.

Comment

That would be a very useful feature, in my opinion.

I am trying to enter the forex transaction price but it is not entering correctly.

For example, when I attempt to enter 1.54885 in the transaction price, it automatically adjusts the price to 1.55. Is there a setting that I need to adjust somewhere in order to cause it to not round the price off like this? I do not see anything in the "How to add executions" section of the help file

Comment

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and make sure 'Quote currencies (FX) in' is set to TenthPip. Subsequently go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in question and check if it uses a tick size of 0.00001.

If not, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab once more and click Reset Instrument. Restart NinjaTrader and check the tick size again. It should now be setup correctly. Then add the execution once more and check if it is listed as 1.54885.

Comment

From what I can tell, I have them set accordingly. I have attached screenshot just to make sure that I am understanding you correctly. I have also restarted the platform to insure that those properties are still that way upon restart. The properties are still setup as you say and the price is continuing to round off instead of accepting the price that I enter
                      Attached Files

Comment

I notice you connect to IB. Please set 'Quote currencies (FX) in' to HalfPip. Subsequently try adding the execution once more.

Comment

I have changed it to half pip and it did change anything. Then I restarted NinjaTrader and it still has not improved the issue.

Comment

When I test it on my end, I experienced the same.

I was able to get it to work as follows. Please connect to the Simulated Data Feed and perform a EURAUD trade in the sim101 account. Subsequently try adding the execution once more. It will still be rounded in the 'Add Execution' window. However the Control Center-->Executions-tab should show the correct price.

Comment

ah, yes. I see that. Great job. Thanks for helping out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh