Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commissions not Showing Up

Hello

As I am manually entering executions on the execution tab, the commissions are not showing up. I type them in to the commission box on the Add Execution screen and then it shows up in the execution tab until I add another execution - and then it disappears. I am attaching a screenshot to show what I am referring to.

Could you please let me know how to fix this so that the commissions properly show up? Thank you.
    Attached Files

Commission can be included in your PnL calculations provided you have correctly configured NinjaTrader.

Commission values can be defined for each connectivity provider per instrument and per instrument type.
    Commission values are used in the following order:
    • From the instrument if a commission value has been defined else
    • From the instrument type if a commission value has been defined else
    • No value is used since none have been defined

Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument type:
    • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the tab "Commission"
    • Click here for details on defining a commission values

Please follow the instructions below to define commission values per instrument:
    • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Double click on the instrument you wish to add a commission value for
    • Click on the "Misc" tab
    • Click here for details on defining a commission values

Critical: Ensure that 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' is enabled under Tools > Options > General tab.

When adding executions manually can you tell me if you experience the same behavior when using the Sim101 account.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 06-19-2014, 08:35 AM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer.

Does this then require me to enter the commissions when I am manually entering executions on the executions tab? Or will I still be required to enter those commission amounts in order for it to be factored into the calculation?

Comment

In order for the commissions to be recognized within the Executions tab when adding manual trades commissions will also need be configured within the Commission tab as well.

Also when setting commissions for Forex for $2 per 50000 you would want to set your commission as referenced in the attached screen shot.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 06-19-2014, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Thank you.. This isn't exactly what I need for the commission setup. Although, it looks like NT may not support the IB commission structure based on a bit of googling that i have done. Are you aware of how I can properly enter the commissions structure? Here is a link to their commissions:
          Interactive Brokers' commission schedules for stocks, options, futures, futures options, SSFs, spot currencies, metals, fixed income and Mutual Funds, as well as Trade Desk fees.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not currently supported however I have forwarded this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.

Comment

Thank you very much for forwarding this. I can see that this would be a seemingly important update as there is a large IB/NT combo client base

Thank you for your help

Comment

I guess, then, is it even possible to include the comms in the executions if it does not work properly in the options menu?

Comment

Currently it will only recognize the commission settings that are setup within the Commissions tab such as $0.00004 for each 1 traded for example $0.00004 X 50,000.

Comment

Now on v7.0.1000.25, "Apply commission to PnL calculations" ticked, commission per side of $2.50 entered both via Tools>Options>Commission under Continuum Futures AND under the instruments traded.... but commission not showing up under Live or Simulated trades.

Program closed and restarted after entering commission amounts. Btw, it's not clear to me when defining futures' commissions whether I need to use the "Commission levels" field (I have generally, but not for individual contracts).

I had this working on previous builds.... but maybe it's not retrospective, ie. will only work for trades from her on in ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Changes to commissions settings would apply only to those orders placed after you make the change. Unfortunately, there is not currently a method which would allow you to apply new commission rates to past orders.

If other questions come up which I could assist you with please let me know.
                      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                      17 responses
                      0 likes