Major Errors When NT Trying to Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Errors When NT Trying to Start

I just started getting this error when I tried to restart NinjaTrader (in the attachments).

I have not done anything with the .sdf file so I have no idea why this would start happening. If anything, I have manually added some executions on the Executions tab, but that is the only thing that I can think of that would have effected that file. Can you please let me know what I need to do in order to fix this? Preferably without needing to get rid of the executions that I have added (so far about 100 and need to add about 300 more).

It probably goes without saying, but NinjaTrader will not startup with these errors
    Attached Files

Hello jg123,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader requires various Microsoft components to run, one of which is SQL compact Edition. Currently you may not have SQL Compact Edition or possibly have the incorrect version of SQL Compact Edition installed.

Please follow the below steps to ensure the correct version of SQL Compact Edition is installed on your PC. If you are not entirely comfortable performing the steps below, please let me know and we can setup a time for a remote support session.
    • Navigate to the Windows Control Panel
    • Add and remove software/programs
    • Uninstall any SQL Compact Editions you see, if none are present you may ignore this step and continue onto the next step
    • Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...CE_3.5_SP2.exe
    • Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    • Navigate to the aforementioned directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    • SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    • SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi - No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system, if you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file, if you are not sure if you have a 64 bit system go ahead and run this file. If you are not using a 64 Bit operating system, the installer will cancel itself automatically
    • Follow the installation steps outlined in the installation wizard
    • Once installed you will need to restart your PC
    • You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

If you are unable to launch NinjaTrader 7, please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick - 1097301' so we may schedule a support call.

Comment

Thank you very much for getting back to me

I have downloaded and extracted the file, but there is only one file to run. You can see that in the attachment. And, when I click on that icon to run it, I get a message that you can also see in the attachments.

What should I do at this point?

Thank you for your help
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello jg123,

Thanks for your reply.

Select Yes
        You will need to extract once more to the same directory to see the 2 files mentioned by Patrick and then run them
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you very much. It is working now. I appreciate the help that both of you have provided.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post elirion
          by elirion

Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes