ATM not working with FXCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM not working with FXCM

I have been having a nightmare with NT and FXCM, and FXCM support is NULL, hope you guys can help.

Here is the issue and I have made the same trades on my FOREX.COM account just fine, however I would like to trade FXCMs feed and spreads I've had a lot of issues with Forex.com data.

Scenario A:
    Order Type: 1 lot, no stop, no target
    I can close without a problem, and the position closes as well, this is good.

Scenario B:
    Order Type: 1 lot, yes stop, yes target
    If I click close in Chart Trader the stop and the target "cancel" and the position stays OPEN !
    Plus I cannot close it, it becomes stuck or orphaned and continues running.

Scenario C:
    Order Type: 1 lot, yes stop, yes target
    If price HITS either my target or stop, the target AND stop get "canceled" and the position stays OPEN, and it too is stuck and cannot be closed.

Also, in NT Control Panels "Orders" section, those requests to close the position are still sitting as "PendingSubmit".

The only way to close out the position is to use FXCMs Trader and force the position closed.

I setup a brand spanking new build on a new Win 8.1 Pro VM and the latest NT build 7.0.1000.23 and still have the problem.

what am I missing?

update: I had the same issue in build 7.0.1000.22
    Last edited by fibzero; 06-19-2014, 07:57 PM.

Hello fibzero,

Thank you for contacting us to report this issue.

So that I may investigate this matter please contact me at Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with your log and trace files from the date the issue took place.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

In addition to the log and trace files please also include the time that this took place so that I may identify the orders within these diagnostic files.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I HAVE THIS SAME ISSUE!

Did you ever finding a solution for the previous poster?????

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
        Hello fibzero,

Thank you for contacting us to report this issue.

So that I may investigate this matter please contact me at Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with your log and trace files from the date the issue took place.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
        • The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
        • The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

In addition to the log and trace files please also include the time that this took place so that I may identify the orders within these diagnostic files.
        I appreciat yalls due diligence but how about a follow up for the rest of us.
        Thanks

Comment

Hello,

If you are experiencing the same issue please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please include a link to this forum thread in the body of your message.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hello,

If you are experiencing the same issue please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please include a link to this forum thread in the body of your message.
            You already have mine; I have been going back and forth with Riley. You responded to me today.

So did you find a solution for the original poster? That solution could perhaps work for us as well. It appears to be an FXCM related issue...

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, I am unable to find the case where the original poster responded however it is possible that response was not sent. For further assistance with your existing case, please feel free to follow up with us by email in the case which you mentioned you'd already opened.

Comment

Here is the issue:

After entering a position in Ninjatrader, Ninja then submits a target and a stop, according to your ATM strategy. The target and stop, however, are being submitted to FXCM. The target then creates an offsetting order.

The issue is that FXCM thinks this offsetting order (target) is an order to open a new position without closing the existing position. So when it is hit, it is cancelled by FXCM because in the US, we cannot have both a long and a short at the same time.

FXCM is of no help; they have no idea what's going on. If I can figure it out somehow myself, I'll report back here, but I wish someone could help me.

EDIT: I have multiple accounts at FXCM. One is linked to MT4, one not linked to MT4. I am attempting to transfer money into the one not linked to MT4, login to this account through Ninjatrader, and see if that does anything. FXCM seems to think not, but I'm not sure what they know.
                Last edited by jmflukeiii; 12-18-2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmflukeiii View Post
                  Here is the issue:

After entering a position in Ninjatrader, Ninja then submits a target and a stop, according to your ATM strategy. The target and stop, however, are being submitted to FXCM. The target then creates an offsetting order.

The issue is that FXCM thinks this offsetting order (target) is an order to open a new position without closing the existing position. So when it is hit, it is cancelled by FXCM because in the US, we cannot have both a long and a short at the same time.

FXCM is of no help; they have no idea what's going on. If I can figure it out somehow myself, I'll report back here, but I wish someone could help me.

EDIT: I have multiple accounts at FXCM. One is linked to MT4, one not linked to MT4. I am attempting to transfer money into the one not linked to MT4, login to this account through Ninjatrader, and see if that does anything. FXCM seems to think not, but I'm not sure what they know.
                  I'm hoping very soon to start trading with FXCM (in the UK) using NT. (FXCM is one of the very few brokers in London offering NT.)

May I refer you to the thread at:

Support for the development of custom automated trading strategies using NinjaScript.

starting from post #13 where I'm trying to develop an approach using strategies with all the advantages of ATMs (stoploss, take profit but esp. breakeven) but without using them.

Of course, I don't know whether using this different approach will actually make any difference and I'm slightly alarmed by the problems outlined in this thread.

I'll try to keep the Forum posted with how I get on with FXCM.

Comment

My issue was partly resolved by having FXCM create a brand new account specifically for Ninjatrader. Mind you it took several WEEKS to get support to properly assist me, forget ever getting a call back when they say they will have a technician call you.... I no longer have orders being stuck in pending or orders being canceled with the exception of rollover time.. at 2pm PST any standing orders ( stops and targets) are canceled by FXCM but positions remain open and leave you exposed of course if you are not at your screen to place them back. I gave up on FXCM support a long time ago, it is the worst support ever...but cannot beat the pricing and spreads.

Ninja support was fantastic and instant, however I was not able to follow up at the time because my issue was hinged on FXCM holding me up.

BTW:.. DO NOT open FXCM trade platform if you are using Ninjatrader, this causes all kinds of issues as the platform then thinks it is in control and your ATMs in NT seem to get disregarded. However if you have orders stuck in pending then you have no choice but to go into FXCM and force them to close. This was definitely a problem a while back, I don't know about now because I don't open the other platform at all now because I already had the bad experience of that.

/Rob

Comment

Update -

After switching from the MT4 enabled FXCM account to a non-MT4 enabled FXCM account (different account numbers, one only works in FXCMs Trading Station), the ATM strategy appears to work just fine. I have only tested one trade, but targets were hit and the trade was exited as it should have been.

Also, commissions now seem to be flowing through to Ninjatrader correctly, at least in the "Accounts" tab in the control center.

Comment

Originally posted by jmflukeiii View Post
                        Update -

After switching from the MT4 enabled FXCM account to a non-MT4 enabled FXCM account (different account numbers, one only works in FXCMs Trading Station), the ATM strategy appears to work just fine. I have only tested one trade, but targets were hit and the trade was exited as it should have been.

Also, commissions now seem to be flowing through to Ninjatrader correctly, at least in the "Accounts" tab in the control center.
                        Thanks for the update. That's very useful to know.

I'll try to call FXCM soon and discuss these points.

Much obliged.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your posts.

We are looking into this further and will update our findings.
                          Note that there are different possible cause for this so anyone seeing this I would recommend writing in so we can look into your specific situation.
                          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                            Hello,

Thanks for your posts.

We are looking into this further and will update our findings.
                            Note that there are different possible cause for this so anyone seeing this I would recommend writing in so we can look into your specific situation.
                            Thanks very much, Brandon. That's really helpful.

I haven't started trading with FXCM yet (hope to very soon) but I'll try to discuss these problems with them asap.

Comment

Hi again everyone

Further to my previous posts, I have now spoken to FXCM about these problems.

I'm pretty sure the situation is as follows:

- If an FXCM client has a 'Trading Station' (i.e. their own platform) account, with an account # with ten digits, there should be no problem. (jmflukeiii now has this type of account and all appears to work well.)

- if, on the other hand, the client has an account # with eight digits, this is an MT4 enabled account. The orders are routed differently and there's apparently a triple bridge. This is when problems arise.

The moral of this tale be that anyone using NT with FXCM should make sure they have the right sort of account, i.e. one with ten digits.

P.S. I wish to add that's I've always had top-class help whenever I've contacted FXCM's Customer Support Desk.
                              Last edited by arbuthnot; 12-18-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                              17 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rocketman7