Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What time does NTMarketPosition() function "update"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What time does NTMarketPosition() function "update"?

Hello,

For live trading using TradeStation + Ninja DLL method, if our position in the Wheat market was "Long" just before we placed a Sell 1 Limit order (to exit the position), when this limit order gets filled and the order state changes from working to filled, of the 2 "bolded" times listed below which time represents the time at which the NTMarketPosition() DLL ninjatrader function "updates" from +1 to 0 ? Is the answer :680 or :710?

2013-05-29 12:45:01:680 (RJO Pats) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.PositionUpdateEven tArgs1: Instrument='ZW 07-13' Account='U17876XX' Avg price=0 Quantity=0 Market position=Flat Operation=Remove Currency=UsDollar

2013-05-29 12:45:01:710 (RJO Pats) Cbi.PositionUpdateEventArgs.Process: Instrument='ZW 07-13' Account='U17876XX' Avg price=0 Quantity=0 Market position=Flat Operation=Remove Currency=UsDollar

Reason we ask this question is that one ninja support staff told us that we should be looking at the first time (i.e. 12:45:01:680) however another ninja support staff told us a different answer and that we should be looking at the second time which is 12:45:01:710. Accordingly, since we are getting conflicting answers from the ninja support team we need to ask this question on this forum to get a correct answer.

Thank you in advance. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Rod

Hi Rod, can you please send us your log and trace files from this occasion via Help >> Mail to Support for review? Please also include the 2 ticket id's you reference for this question in your post so we can review that content as well. Thanks much.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand, thank you for you reply and help. I did what you said 3 days ago on Wednesday but did not get a reply yet. I was wondering if I did something wrong? The ticket number of my request is: {1095891}

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rod

Comment

Thanks Rod, we will check into that ticket and get back in touch with our thoughts.

Comment

Thanks in advance Bertrand for your help, we really appreciate this. We also have a different and seperate question for you which is as follows:

What is the difference between the following 2 items in the trace file (please note that these 2 items are in all live trading account trace files and in all Sim101 simulation account trace files):

(1) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.PositionUpdateEven tArgs1

(2) Cbi.PositionUpdateEventArgs.Process

Our question is what is the difference between these 2 events (i.e. the events numbered (1) and (2) above) and what do they both mean in simple terms?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you need logs and trace files from us please use the ones emailed to Ninja support recently under ticket number: {1095891}

Thanks again.

Regards,

Rod
          Last edited by Rocket130713; 06-22-2014, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Hi Rod, first let me clarify that the trace files are not meant to be used for actual client side review, they provide finest detail for development purposes - also as my team had already stated in our ticket reply that NT is multi-threaded and the file times are not to be confused with actual real-time events.

To your question now, the first one would be update at the adapter level and the later the actual core update event.

Comment

Just wanted to sincerely thank you for your help and advice Bertrand, we really appreciate this. Your skills and knowledge are always outstanding and excellent in every respect. Thank you again. Regards, Rod.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Tim-c
              by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes