Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

real time charting error

Hi,
    I attach an example but the problem relates to a number of instruments and situations. I was plotting a 60 minute bar of KC-09/2014 and during realtime feed last bar showed suddenly a wrong low, reloading all historical data it led to correct plotting but after a while the mistake came back. Historical data do not contain the wrong number as you can see from attached downloaded info.
    I have 7.9.1000.22 with TWS 944.3
    Attached Files

Hello smodato,

As per your description, it seems IB sends bad ticks in realtime for this instrument.

You can use the realtime tick filter to filter out ticks as per a percentage compared to the last traded price. A value of of 5, represents 5 %. So if a realtime tick is outside the range of 5 % compared the tick received prior, it will be excluded. Please see the link below for more information and instructions to have it enabled.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello smodato,

As per your description, it seems IB sends bad ticks in realtime for this instrument.

You can use the realtime tick filter to filter out ticks as per a percentage compared to the last traded price. A value of of 5, represents 5 %. So if a realtime tick is outside the range of 5 % compared the tick received prior, it will be excluded. Please see the link below for more information and instructions to have it enabled.
      http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...Filtering.html
      Aren't the realtime ticks saved into the historical data file? If yes why isn't there trace of themin the txt? If no is there a possibility to have a confirmation somehow? The filter in this case would be a bit tough as the distance of the "bad tick" is absolutely in line with possible moves (you can see it yourself on the posted chart).
      Smodato

Comment

Realtime data is not saved unless you have 'Save chart data as historical' enabled at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab.

I suggest to reload historical data again the next hour and check if data is loaded correctly.

Comment

I reloaded right now and candles are now correct, this is not a solution anyway as the problem can occur again

Comment

If the issue recurs, I suggest to contact IB for clarification.

Unfortunately I do not see any other ways to correct the data in NinjaTrader besides reloading historical data or using the realtime tick filter.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by techgetgame, Today, 11:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post techgetgame  
            Started by sephichapdson, Today, 11:36 PM
            0 responses
            1 view