IB Financial Advisor Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Financial Advisor Account

Attached is a screenshot from the IB knowledge base. Is this limitation on the side of IB or on the side of NinjaTrader?

If it is a result of NinjaTrader, is it possible to add this as a feature request??

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello jg123,

This is a limitation of NinjaTrader. IB allocation is not supported in NinjaTrader. So if you submit an order to the master account in NinjaTrader, the order will not be sent to the sub accounts.

However you can make use of account groups in NinjaTrader. Please see the link below for information and instructions regarding account groups in NinjaTrader.

Be aware that subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually. So unfortunately if the strategy modifies/cancels orders, it will not be a good workaround.

I will forward the suggestion to support IB allocation to development.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank for the information.

Can you please elaborate on this and even get a couple of hypothetical scenarios to further illustrate exactly what you are saying? I want to fully understand this statement.
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Be aware that subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually. So unfortunately if the strategy modifies/cancels orders, it will not be a good workaround.
      Thank you!

Comment

If you submit an order to the account group, the order will be submitted to all accounts part of the account group you setup. If now modify or cancel the order, it will not be replicated for each account part of the account group. I suggest to open order entry windows (SuperDOM, ChartTrader, etc) for each account part of the account group and manage the orders from there.

Comment

So are you saying that if I have an automated ninjascript running that says,

"buy at xyz price. If that price is not reached by abc time, then cancel the order." that the orders will not be cancelled?

And if I am running a script that says, "place an EntryBuyStop & EntrySellStop order. If EntryBuyStop is triggered, then cancel EntrySellStop". That this script will not be recognized?

Comment

Unfortunately you cannot use account groups as per automated strategies - only upon trading manually. It is on our list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to ID# 1113.

Comment

wow...um...I do not even know what to say. This was the primary reason that I just purchased NinjaTrader a couple of days ago. Never would I have expected that the automation would not be able to go into sub accounts and therefore never even thought to ask. Honestly, I am without words and could not be more disappointed that this rather basic feature would not be included in the platform. The fact that it does not automatically separate into the sub accounts is one thing and maybe there would be a work around...but the fact that the automation (one of the primary things that NT seems to pride itself on) does not even send to sub accounts at all.

seriously speechless

Comment

You can run the same automated strategy on each of your sub accounts in NinjaTrader. You would enable multiple instances of the automated strategy in NinjaTrader and select a different sub account for each strategy.

Comment

You can run the same automated strategy on each of your sub accounts in NinjaTrader. You would enable multiple instances of the automated strategy in NinjaTrader and select a different sub account for each strategy.
                  Okay. So I just misunderstood. I was under the impression that automated strategies could not send orders to sub accounts at all. Thanks for the clarification.

To further clarify:
                  With my single purchase of multi broker I can send automated strategies to multiple sub accounts at interactive brokers. Right?

But, did I understand you correctly that if I want to send a CancelOrder() to a sub account, that will not work?? Based on post #4.

But, to clarify further, if I am running multiple charts, each one setup to its own strategy and it's own sub account, then can I send the CancelOrder()?

Comment

Yes, you can run automated strategies on each of your IB sub accounts with your license key.

Yes, this will work. Post #4 only refers to account groups.

Comment

Thank you very much. That really clears things up for me. I greatly appreciate your help

Comment

The suggestion to use accounts groups with automated strategies is present on our list of possible future enhancements. It is assigned to ID# 1011. We added your vote.

Comment

Great thank you.

Is there a place that we can see the status of suggestions that have been submitted?

Comment

Unfortunately not. The list is not made public.

Comment

The suggestion to use accounts groups with automated strategies is present on our list of possible future enhancements. It is assigned to ID# 1011. We added your vote.
                              Hello,

If it is of any use I would like to add my vote to that suggestion: I've just lost a bunch of money on a paper account at IB because I wrongly assumed that NT would handle ALL the transactions, stop modifications, cancellations etc. that were introduced at the Advisor level down to all the subaccounts. Naive of me but understandably so. This is a major discovery.

Thanks for forwarding my wish.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                              Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes