Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Confirmation Time Stamp Time Zone

Hello

I trade through Interactive Brokers and the time stamp on the trade is, understandably so, different from my trade time in Germany. The problem is that it then effects the execution times on the charts.

I am looking for a way to be able to sync the IB trade time stamp with the actual local chart time. Is there a way to be able to do that?

If not, how would I change the chart time to match the IB time zone?

Hello jg123,

The time in NinjaTrader is based on the PC clock.

To change the time in NinjaTrader you will want to close NinjaTrader, change the time and time zone of the PC clock and restart NinjaTrader.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

so are you effectively saying that, aside from changing my computer clock, that there is no way to get the time stamps to line up correctly on the chart?

Comment

Hello jg123,

The time in NinjaTrader is based on your PC clock.

To change the time in NinjaTrader you will need to change your PC clock and restart NinjaTrader.

The time in TWS is based on the clock in TWS.

For information on the time in TWS you will want to contact Interactive Brokers.

Comment

Okay, so I think you are kind of answering my question without actually answering it.

I assume by what you are saying that there is no way to, within NinjaTrader, to automatically convert the time stamp to my local time? This way the trades can show up correctly on my charts without needing to change the time on my computer. Is that what you are saying?

Comment

Hello jg123,

Correct, there is not a time setting in NinjaTrader as the time in NinjaTrader is based on your PC clock.

If you PC clock is not in sync with the time in TWS, times sent from TWS may not match times in NinjaTrader.

Comment

i would think this is kind of an important feature...To change the time on my computer will cause other programs to not function correctly that use my computer clock.

I think there should be a feature that will look at the time stamp of a trade confirmation and automatically convert that, within NinjaTrader, so that I can see it correctly on my charts. Who wants to trade on charts that are 6 hours off from their local time? And, on the other side of the coin, who wants to be using a computer that is 6 hours off from their actual local time? Neither scenario makes sense. Therefore NinjaTrader should have a feature that can auto adjust the time stamp to the traders local time zone in order for the confirmations to appear in the right place on the chart.

Comment

Hello jg123,

I will forward the request to our development team for consideration in a future release of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:22 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ZenCortexAuCost  
                Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes