Manually Remove Executions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually Remove Executions

I noticed today that a manually added execution that I did yesterday is incorrect and now I would like to delete it and add it again with the correct information. I can see it in the Account Performance => Executions Window but it is not showing up in the Control Center Executions Window where it can be easily deleted by right clicking and then clicking on Remove.

Unfortunately in the Account Performance Tab under the Execution Tab there, it does not allow me to delete the execution.

How can I delete this erroneous trade?

Thank you very much for your help

Hello Jg123,

Thank you for your post.

You will need to change the date and time on your PC Clock to the day that you want to change the executions.

Restart NinjaTrader and connect to a data feed such as external.

You can then go to the executions tab and remove the trade and add your new one back in.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for this answer. It has solved the problem that I had, but it has, unfortunately, led me to another issue that is similar.

When I changed my computer time, NT took the today's executions and added them to the executions on the date that I changed to. For example, I changed to 26 February and now today's executions show 26 February and today. I have tried to delete the 26 Feb executions, but they will not delete.

How do I delete those executions that were added by the system as they are not being removed when I click "Remove".

Comment

Can you please repair the database and check if this will remove the executions.

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
        From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
        Select the "Data" tab
        Press the "Repair DB" button
        Press the "OK" button
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

unfotunately that did not fix this issue

Comment

Does it make a difference if you restart NinjaTrader (if not already).

Do you still have your PC clock set to the old date?

Comment

that doesn't make a difference at all. I have restarted it and have the computer clocked changed. I have also tried restarting the computer.

Comment

Ok, so you cannot delete the executions when your PC clock is set to the old date or today's date, correct?

NinjaTrader uses your PC clock to timestamp executions. So once you changed the execution of a prior date, you would have need to shut down NinjaTrader and change back your PC clock to today's date. Subsequent executions should be listed correctly.

If I understand correctly, the PC clock was not changed back, so the executions that happened today, are listed as per the old date. However you mention "26 February and today". Does this mean each execution is listed twice?

Comment

I can understand how you would have confusion.

Here are some screenshots that should help demonstrate what I am saying.

Screenshot titled "Date and Trade" shows that the date is currently set to 26 February and I am connected to my live Interactive Brokers Feed. It also has highlighted a filled Buy trade on the EURAUD for 1.4415'5 with 49226 units. (Just using this individual trade as an example, though many other trades shown in the screenshot could easily be used for the example as well.)

Screenshot titled "ib trade confirms" shows one of today's (23 June 2014) confirmations. It is for the EURAUD traded at 1.44153 with 49226 units. A Buy trade. (with the time change from Germany to EST then IB is showing it from 22 June).

Screenshot titled "26 Feb ib trade confirms" shows a screenshot of the all of the trade confirmations in this account on 26 February. It shows that there were no EURAUD trades even placed on this day.

This is to confirm that we are talking about the exact same trade but showing in NT on 27 February.

Screenshot "Current Date" shows that I have reset my Date/Time to the current date, I have restarted NinjaTrader and have reconnected it to my live Interactive Brokers feed and, the trade is showing on 27 February in the Executions on the Account Performance Tab demonstrating that it has not changed the date of today's trade back to today after I manually changed my computer clock and restarted NinjaTrader.

I have attempted to delete the trade when my clock was set to 26 February - but it would not allow me to delete it.

I can do this exact same example for every single trade that was placed today so it is not an isolated incident.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jg123 View Post
                    I have attempted to delete the trade when my clock was set to 26 February - but it would not allow me to delete it.
                    What happens when you attempt to delete it.
                    At this point what needs to be done is you will need to delete the trades that were from the incorrect day and then re enter them as desired.
                    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is a quick video that I made (you can here the commentary for the World Cup in the background *smile*)

In the beginning you can see int the bottom right that I have the date set to 26 Feb. And then you see me attempt to delete the trade but it does not delete. There is no action after I confirm the delete. There is nothing showing up in the log

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hello jg123,

Thanks for your reply.

Please send me your database file so I can attempt to remove the desired orders on my end. You can do this by going to Help> Mail To Support
                        In the message include a link to this forum topic.
                        Please also attach a screen shot showing each of the executions you would like removed
                        Ensure that Database File is checked

Comment

Thank you, it is sent

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. It fixed what I expected it to, but there is now something else going on that is really strange. This time with the USDJPY.

I am attaching screenshots to help clarify.

Screenshot titled "account performance tab" you will find that on 26 Feb there are 3 trades for the USDJPY - all with 77541 units. One of those should not be there.

I changed my clock and went to the executions tab

Screenshot titled "26 feb before delete" you will find that these 3 trades are not there. You will find that there a lot of other trades. These are, again, the executions from today that NT has automatically changed the date on them. Therefore, I have gone through and deleted them.

Screenshot title "26 feb after delete" you will find the date and evidence that every single trade has been deleted.

Screenshot titled "Today Again" will show you that I have changed the date and restarted NT but, unfortunately, those 3 trades from 26 Feb are still there and should not be.

I have already tried to repair the database again in order to see if this would fix the problem but it has not.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello jg123,

Thanks for your reply.

What trades display if you adjust your PC clock to the day before the trade and the day after the trade?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                              20 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes