Where is my imported data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is my imported data?

So I could not find the appropriate thread category for data loading so I posted this under Installation and Licensing.

I tried loading tick data, merging to kinetick data which I already have. I selected 6C 09-14, I made sure that the file I was importing had the exact same name as the contract in instrument manager, I watched the loading bar in the bottom corner and the dates that were being listed made sense. When completed I was notified that this was successful. Still a new chart or strategy analyzer will not allow be to go back further than what I had for kinetic.

I know there is actual data there as I have already loaded this without merging, but I deleted that and now want to merge it with the kinetic data. I also have tried viewing this data with and without my connection to kinetick, still no luck.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Does the data appear within the Historical Data Manager's Edit tab? (Tools > Historical Data Manager)
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried looking there, unfortunately that is not feasible. The contract is not subdivided by expiry dates so it is continuous from 2003. Opening that sub-folder is not happening, I tried and ended up waiting for half an hour without it opening, there is just too much data in it. Because this just seems to have too many complications I think I am just going to abandon the idea of merging the Kinetick data with additional historic data. I think I will just load it as a separate made up instrument.

However I think there is something wrong with the data file I was provided but would just like that verified. The 6J contract has a tick size of 0.000001, I am viewing the file in Ultraedit and the decimal place is off. For instance 0.009822 is showing as 0.9822. Is there any way around this on the import or is it a problem that must be fixed with the file? I would like to know before requesting this from the provider or trying to create a macro in Ultraedit to fix this.

On the other hand I could also just deal with the difference in tick size, assigning the instrument tick size to 0.0001, I don`t think there will be a problem with my strategy running off this tick size since I can just copy the strategy and change any tick size references and use this near identical strategy on that data set. Yet I am concerned if there are any indicators that will perform differently on a different tick size, are you aware of any?

One more question regarding backing up my historic data. Seemingly I can only export one data type, per expiry, per contract at a time. Is there a more efficient way to do this or back up all the historic data at once?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes