Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to import Nikkei 225 list of companies

Hello,
    I am trying to add the Nikkei 225 index to my NT.

I am however unable to add them. The companies there have digit codes instead of Symbol abbreviation.

I am trying to add the list with Google as provider /day/ bars.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, symbols which consist of numbers only are not supported within NinjaTrader 7 however this is something which we're working to add support for in future releases of the software.

If other questions come up which I could assist you with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How can I add the S&P/ASX 300 then?

I need to add a major index in a stock exchange with high liquidity that operates while NYSE is closed.

I want to run my strategy overnight on a foreign stock exchange.

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
        • Press the "New" button
        • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
        • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
        • Press the "OK" button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
        • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
        • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
        • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
        • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

Another way to address this would be to import a list of equities. Please see this link to our Help Guide for more information about that process: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stock_symb.htm

Comment

Importing Nikkei 225 Stocks

If I have a list of all 225 stocks of the Nikkei, then I can indeed import the stocks via File -> Utilities -> Import - Stock Symbols.

The main problem is that all stocks have different tick sizes. That means that I have to open the instrument manage for each of the 225 stocks and then adjust the tick size as needed.

This would take several hours and is not really convenient.

However, the worst of all is that the instrument master data cannot be saved as a separate file. If my configuration file is corrupted, all instrument master data such as the Nikkei stock list, rollover dates and offset are lost and cannot be recovered except by loading the backup file. When switching to a new PC or operating system the backup file cannot be reinstalled and the fun of manually entering the Nikkei stocks starts all over.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the limitations which you mentioned do not have a work around within NinjaTrader 7 however I will contact our development staff to recommend that we change this in future versions of the application.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Skifree
            by Skifree

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
            5 responses