Realtime chart not continuous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realtime chart not continuous

I'm having trouble when I open realtime charts.I connect trhough Clear Corretora. Whenever I open a new real-time chart or redownload historical data it always starts a new candle with the first incoming tick instead of continue the current one that should not be finished yet. If I re-download historical it corrects the current candle, but starts again a new one instead of finishing the current one.

Can you help me ?

Hello agenor,

Thank you for your forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums!

Is this a demo account or a funded account?

How much historical data is being requested on the chart? If you reduce the amount of historical data to around 30 days or less does it load on the chart as expected?

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi RyanL,

Thanks for prompt reply !

It's a funded account. It is being requested 5 days as standard, but it happens the same even requesting 1 day or 50 bars...

Comment

Hello agenor,

Thank you for the follow up.

The historical data should be available on the Clear connection.

In order to assist you further, please let me know the following:

• What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.XX)
        • What instrument have you selected? (Example: ES 09-14, AAPL, EURUSD etc...)
        • (For a chart) what interval is selected? (Example: 1 minute, 4 range, 89 tick, 1 day etc...)
        • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Hello,

Version 7.0.1000.23
          Instrument: WIN 08-14

In 1min chart it happens all the time...Whenever I open a new chart or ask to "reload all historical data" It always starts a new candle within the first tick that arrives... When the TimeFrame is larger, it starts a new candle when it shouldn't only if the current minute if the last one that will finish forming the candle...

Neither error on the screen nor errors on the log.

I guess that it's something wrong with bar formation. It seems that but default Ninja build bars in an "end of bar time" way... If the clock now is 12:00, NT is building 12:01 bar... Somehow this has been mixed up...

Comment

Hello agenor,

You can delete your cached chart data to troubleshoot this situation.

Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your cached chart data:
            • Close NinjaTrader
            • Documents
            • NinjaTrader 7
            • Open the db folder
            • Delete the Cache folder
            • Restart NinjaTrader
            • Connect and test the historical data on a new chart.

Comment

I did it, but the problem is still there...

Comment

Hello agenor,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread.
                2.) So I may further test your account connection on my end, please send me your configuration file:
                • You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
                • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Once located, please attach the config.xml file to your note.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi Ryan, just to end the Thread.

I talked to people from Clear and they recognized the problem...but didn't give a solution until now !

Ninja stores incoming ticks in 1min bars naming it with closing time of the bar.

The problem is that the historical data provided by Clear is built in the oposite way, naming bars with the open time of the bar...

Being so, if I start my Ninja at 10:30:30 for example it will get historial data form Clear server and the last bar will come named 10:30, containing information from 10:30:00 to 10:30:30....

Then, when Ninja will receive next tick named, let's say 10:30:32 it immediatelly creates a new candle named 10:31 and stores all incoming ticks until 10:30:59.... So it creates an "extra candle" that is exactly a broken candle....

For 1 min timeframe, apart from this, the rest of the chart is appaarently normal.... But you know what will happen to all other timeframes ?

The market here opens at 9:00. So if I inform trhough Session Manager it correctly, Ninja will start looking for bar named 9:01 as the first bar of the day... All the history is wrong and it jumps tha first bar that is there named 9:00. Then if I inform 8:59 in Session Manager it gets all candles and plots the chart correclty. Its wrong because we don't have ticks here before 9:00 !!!
                  But, once Ninja starts building the chart with the incoming ticks, any timeframe larger than 1 min wil be built wrong in charts. If I inform correctly 9:00 in session manager, all bars will be built correclty through the feeder but the history will be plotted wrong !!! Anyway I will have plotted a chart that doesn't really exist.

Ninja Trader should be worried. People are purchasing it in Brazil since last last month, and no one here is able to plot a 5, 10, 15, 30 or 60 of any instrument correctly!!! Since Clear Corretora is the only broker that supplies realtime feed and accepts orders here in Brazil, what about Ninja Trader's reputation starting business in Brazil ?

Best Regards.

Comment

Hello agenor,

Thank you for the follow up and I am glad to hear that Clear was able to provide additional information in regards to the historical data.

I have submitted this situation to our development team to see if they need to make any changes to the Clear adapter within NInjaTrader in the way the historical data is loaded from the Clear servers.

I will update this thread when I have more information.

Comment

Hello agenor,

I was able to check with development and the situation looks to be resolved on the CLEAR servers.

Please let me know if you continue to experience the situation or if I can provide any assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post junkone
                      by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM