plugging in a strategy in real time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plugging in a strategy in real time

can you advise on how to plug in my strategy into a real time so it can start trading?

thank you

Hello saeed,

Are you referring to letting the strategy run with live data or are you asking how to allow the strategy to use your live account instead of the Sim101 account for trading?

If you just want to view how the strategy does in live data using the Sim101 account.
    When you add your strategy to a chart, in the properties make sure the Sim101 account is selected in the "Account" field.
    After enabling it, as long as the strategy has not been coded for historical data only, you should see it start placing trades when the conditions are met.

Alternatively if you want to place live trades, in the Account field in the strategy properties you would need to select the account you want it to place trades on.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what if the strategy is coded for historical data how do i change that to live market data on sim 101

Comment

Hello saeed,

If you created the strategy this would be in your OnBarUpdate() method depending on how you wrote the logic, if you did not specifically state a condition for historical data this should be ready for live data.

If this is an item you downloaded or purchased then it would depend on how the creator has designed the strategy.
        If you are unsure I would recommend looking at where you got it, If it doesn't specify its most likely OK for live data.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes