Chart Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Not Working

I am continuing to have issues with charts coming up.

Currently I am connected to my live Interactive Brokers account and the USDJPY H1 chart that I am pulling up is completely blank with no data at all. I have checked my historical data database and I have confirmed that historical data is properly there. This is the first chart that I have pulled up today and therefore I have not reached the IB data download limit. I am only opening a chart for 10 days worth of hourly data. I have attempted to open the chart on my Simulated IB and my Live IB accounts. I have confirmed that I am properly receiving data from IB per TWS & TWS charts.

The same is true regardless of which currency pair I attempt to open.

Can you please let me know how to fix this.

Thank you very much for your help

Hello jg123,

Could it be you refer to the 6J 03-14 instrument with USDJPY H1? By default, the Data Series menu uses today's date for 'End date'. Could this be causing the issue? Can you please make sure the 'End date' is set to a date when the 6J 03-14 was trading.

If not, does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and you select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

If the issue remains, please exit NinjaTrader and go to C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db and delete the cache folder. Start NinjaTrader and check again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Jason

I was actually referring to the USDJPY currency pair.

I attempted to right click and reload all historical data, but that did not work.

After I deleted the cache and restarted, it appears to work now.

I could see that needing to be a regular action in order to insure that NT runs smoothly. How often do you expect that the cache would need to be deleted?

Comment

I just decided to restart everything again to make sure that it is working after a second restart and it is literally not working again.

This time, though, it just says that it is "loading data" and will not go any further.

Comment

But the EURAUD is working just fine and the AUDUSD, but as soon as I try to bring up the USDJPY, it stops beign able to load

Comment

I am not able to reproduce this on my end so far. Do you have any indicators, template or add-ons loaded in the chart? If so, please check if it will make a difference if you create a chart without indicators, template or add-ons applied.

What TWS version do you have installed? You can check this at Help-->About TradersWorkStation.

Do you receive realtime data if you select the USDJPY in the Control Center-->Orders-tab?

Comment

Thank you for trying to reproduce it on your end to see what may be going on.

It is an absolutely clean chart with no templates, addons or indicators.

I am seeing a live data feed coming through on the Control Center Orders Tab.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Can you please tell me what TWS version you have installed as well. You can check this at Help-->About TradersWorkStation.

Try the following. Disconnect IB and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Repair DB. Restart NinjaTrader and check if USDJPY charts load data as expected.

Comment

I had just created a short video walking through everything so that you could see exactly what was going on - but as soon as I repaired the database, everything worked fine so no need to upload the video.

I have tested by trying to reload the chart after a restart as well as trying to reload the chart in my TWS simulated account and everything seems to work fine now. I will keep in mind resetting the data base if i have this issue again in the future.

TWS version = 944.3 by the way.

thank you for your help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response