Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eSignal Daily Chart Data Not Updating

Hello,

I am attempting to simply update a dailiy chart using my sSignal data feed. The eSignal diagnostic window which appears upon connecting indicates that Username and Password are OK, so there is no problem with the connection. The market closed two hours' ago but my chart still hasn't updated.

I've had other issues while trying to get my intraday charts to update while the market is open using eSignal too.

These intermittent issues with eSignal and NinjaTrader are getting quite irritating and I'd really like to iron them out and get on with trading.

Could someone please let me know how to at least get my daily charts to update using eSignal?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Hello Scott,

Can you please check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive realtime data.

Does it make a difference if you right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'?

Do you experience the issue for all instruments or only certain instruments? If limited to certain instruments, do you notice any consistency between these instruments?

Do you have eSignal 10.6.2124 installed? You can check this in the Programs and Features menu in the Windows Control Panel. If not, please install this eSignal version. You can download and install it from the eSignal connection guide below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason.

These are my findings:

- If I disconnect from eSignal and connect to Yahoo data, today's candle is loaded
      - While being connected to eSignal and right click -> reload chart history, this does not load today's candle

And, during this debug session eSignal started working again and now I can load today's data for all securities!!!

It's an intermittent problem!!!

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Unfortunately we do not determine when the today's daily candle is received from eSignal. It will be loaded when provided by eSignal.

You could use the free Yahoo connection as a workaround as per your findings.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes