Populating new chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Populating new chart

I've just started using Ninja and my charts are building in real time, but I need to populate the charts going back a few months in order to start using the platform. I read in a post somewhere that I need to switch from SIM to live trading (I'm using Rithmic data) to populate the charts, but Global Simulation Mode is checked and greyed-out, so I can't get out of SIM mode.

How do I switch between SIM and live trading?

Hi Cognis0,

Thanks for the post.

You can only switch to Live mode if you have a Live license entered. Do you have a Live license entered under Help--> License Key?

As for your charting issue, with Rithmic you will receive historical data as well when you are in Sim mode.

Please see here what they provide to us:

Check under the section 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider'

Furthermore, can you right click in the chart and select 'Reload all historical data'. Does this make a difference?

Can you otherwise send me a screenshot of your Data Series window. You can access this by right clicking in the chart--> Data Series.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    For detailed instructions please visit the following link
    How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Vince,

Screenshot attached showing YM chart I created this morning (UK time), plus data series window.

Rithmic appear to provide just about everything according to that link!

Yes, there is a licence key entered (I probably got this last year when I first looked at Ninja), but "Reload Historical Data" is greyed-out.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Cognis0,

Can you log out and send send me your configuration file so I can test with your connection on my end to see what exactly is going on.

You can send it to 'support at ninjatrader dot com'. Put in the subject header 'For Vince' and refer to this thread.

• You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
        • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Once located, please attach the config.xml file to your email.

Comment

To whom it may concern,

This issue has been solved by enabling historical data in the Rithmic account connection set up.

To enable this please go to Tools--> Account connections--> highlight your Ritmic connection and click Change--> Next--> Change the Historical Data by checking 'Enabled'--> Next--> Next--> Finish.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rehmans
          by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
          0 responses